Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Time Bird owner have lots of questions..
10-06-2016, 17:54 (This post was last modified: 10-06-2016 17:56 by JD33.)
RE: 1st Time Bird owner have lots of questions..
Mike, personally I would consider winterizing the coach. While I have never needed to winterize my M380, I have winterized previous coaches and it was not that difficult. The process should be outlined in your blue book.
If that's not to your liking you will want small ceramic heaters in the bays where the non-op 12v heaters are. You can also run an electric heater in the coach and open the cupboard doors in the kitchen, bath and WC. But as Chuck indicated you are certainly looking at more than a 15 amp draw for these.
As far a heat tape goes, I don't believe that my 2007 has any and I would be reluctant to use use them in any case. You would also find that they are a considerable electrical draw.
If you are planning to use your Hurricane for an extended period of time I would ensure that it is properly serviced and be prepared to use a considerable amount of fuel.
You have not said if your situation allows you to have a 50 amp service added to your parking area, this would be very helpful.
In closing perhaps you can place a signature in your posts so that we can see what part of the world you live in?
Jim

Jim Doel
Perth, Ontario
2007 M380
Stainless Steel
w/26' Featherlight trailer
jimdoel@me.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Time Bird owner have lots of questions.. - JD33 - 10-06-2016 17:54

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)