Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodyear or Firestone Airbags
10-11-2017, 16:27 (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 22:30 by Arcticdude.)
RE: Goodyear or Firestone Airbags
Steve, not yet. I tried calling Firestone to see about just getting basic info on various bags (bellows) and the bags' attributes. They would only tell me to contact the manufacturer. I only wanted to find out if a given bellows would be stiffer in it's response or less stiff than the 9457 that's stock. They would not tell me anything. I wasn't even asking for a recommendation, only about the bag and how it would respond compared to a different bag. I've found at least one other bellows that has the same mounting plate on top and the ride height is pretty close, but it's bigger in diameter (~1") and is rated for a heavier load (~500# more). The bottom plates are interchangeable between a lot of bags and there's not much difference between what the larger bag comes with and what my oem bag has. (They mount to the bellows the same, it's only the frame mounting that varies.) So that should be an easy swap, if I could determine whether I'm helping the situation or not. There's nothing that has the same top mount and the same bottom mount, other than the oem bag.

I need to find a willing suspension engineer who would chat for a couple of minutes. I think I could at least make an educated decision and order bags that would work well and be more likely stocked someplace.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodyear or Firestone Airbags - Arcticdude - 10-11-2017 16:27

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)