Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filter Minders for Dummies
03-27-2013, 19:25
RE: Filter Minders for Dummies
(03-27-2013 10:17)pgchin Wrote:  [quote='al perna' pid='1174' dateline='1364353056']

Hey Al,
I know of others that do not have an FM issue. It is NOT that prevalent to have issues. Some are 8v's or 500hp s60's DDEC IV, remember mine is a 475 DDEC III.....not sure what the differences are but David B and I once counted 150TSL's between his year and mine when the DD site was open to mere mortals. The only other 475HP I know of having issues is Kurt H's and he runs a stainless exhaust with a straight pipe so I'm not surprised. I learned a long time ago from some professional tuners that engines are nothing more than big air pumps, you can port'em, polish intakes, mess with jets or ECM's, chip'em, flow the heads,etc but it always boils down to one thing, the factory setup is designed to work in a "multitude of temps, altitudes, atmospherics, and use case scenarios. And the drive train it has. Every time you "touch" one of the parameters like intake, exhaust, etc you mess up another parameter in the factory use case. Air flows better in the area you touch, but NOT in the other areas.
else we can do scientifically, that info would be data FACTS and we could then react to it. By the way, if they had found issues, then they would have made a hand written change to the inlet / exhaust prints for the line. As I already stated, no EC's on my prints on my 95 so 90-95 shows NO air inlet issues. I have both 8v and s60 inlet / exhaust prints in my factory deck.

You nailed it Pete. A few things in life I have learned are:
1. There is no such thing as a free lunch.
2. You can't get something for nothing on an internal combustion engine.
3. For every action there is a reaction.
4. Too much scotch or bourbon and you will make poor choices! Hahaha!

Cue the ukuleles!

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Filter Minders for Dummies - Itchintogo - 03-27-2013 19:25

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)