Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Bus CLub
04-01-2013, 13:38 (This post was last modified: 04-01-2013 13:46 by davidbrady.)
Two Bus CLub
Folks,

I've owned my LXi for quite some time, but as many of you know I've really been on the lookout for a bus with bunk beds. Our problem has been sleeping arrangements in the LXi. We can make things work, but I never really look forward to pulling the couch out and inflating the air matress for our 3 little ones (ages 2, 3, and 6). The morning chore is a reverse of this. Folding the sheets, deflating and stowing the air mattress, and folding up the sofa bed.

I couldn't believe it when on this trip to Harrisburg Pa to visit my family that my neighbor mentioned their Prevost. Well actually it's there son's prevost. He's been in the music business for years and wanted something for his growing family. They had Marathon take an entertainer coach and convert it for motorhome use. It has the full complement of features that we've all grown accustomed to but it also has not only two bunks but three bunk beds.

Suzana is the goddess of the interior so I knew a final decision rested with her, and of course I thought it would be hopeless. So we got together with my neighbor for a showing of the Prevost. Wow! Suzana loved it. My wife is very much into earth tones and not too much glitz - she values functionality. This bus has it all. We've all seen late model Marathon interiors and this one measures up in every way. It's a laminate interior but in a ribboned wood veneer. The floors are a combination of wood planks and granite. It has two slides so there's a king size bed in the bedroom and lots of room for a family of five. The bunk beds are nestled in and don't seem to take away from the floor plan. Exquisite craftsmanship everywhere.

The systems played to everything I'd ever need in a motorhome. Two 36" flatpanel TV's, rfMogul satellite dish, ipad controlled crestron, 8 8D batteries, 8KW of true sinewave inverters, large holding tanks with a headhunter freshwater pump. The list goes on and on. Then the exterior, again earth tones in a not too showy paint, airbrushed as has been Marathons style over the past 5 years.

The coach is a late model 2007 so it has Prevosts latest slide mechanicals. This type has the single locking pin coming up from the basement area. It also has the latest chassis upgrades with the new Prevost-Beam configuration which I think might be the best motorhome chassis in the world.

Well against my better judgement we went for a test drive and it blew me away! I've driven p-buses before but nothing like this. Prevost has really upped their game in the ride and handling department. It has traction control and active air bags, it has a active steering which helps in moose maneuvers. It even has a radar transmitter mounted up front that will automatically engage the brakes if it thinks we're closing in on traffic or other obstacles.

Needless to say, I'm now a member of the two bus club so I'll be putting my LXi on the market shortly. Also, I'll need to sell my LXi rapidly so I'm going to list it at a low price, sorry to all of you LXi owners, but I have to do it. I apologize for bringing the market price down so drastically with the sale of my LXi, but I'm sure you'll understand, plus with a little bit of effort I'm sure you'll be able to sell yours for a little over my rock bottom price. Trust me, it'll work out.

Anyway, wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AngelAngelAngelAPRIL FOOLSAngelAngelAngel

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Two Bus CLub - davidbrady - 04-01-2013 13:38
RE: Two Bus CLub - pgchin - 04-01-2013, 13:49
RE: Two Bus CLub - DOSZORROS - 04-01-2013, 20:23
RE: Two Bus CLub - travelite - 04-01-2013, 21:10
RE: Two Bus CLub - Ms. Bee - 04-01-2013, 22:05
RE: Two Bus CLub - ernie ekberg - 04-02-2013, 20:09

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)