Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumping the old tanks
02-15-2013, 14:01 (This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 14:02 by eaw.)
RE: Dumping the old tanks
(02-15-2013 13:28)RGloverii Wrote:  
(02-15-2013 12:02)Bird Owner Wrote:  Pictures please!!!

I bought a macerator pump for my coach around two years ago. Still haven't gotten around to installing it!

Have you found any downsides to it yet? The one thing that scared me was that supposedly hair gets caught in the impeller. My wife sheds more than the dog, so that concerned me just a bit.

I did need to replace the pump after 5 years not related to pump just stupid error. Unknown to me while replacing the floor in the bathroom a piece of WOOD1X3X1/4 thick was allowed to drop into holding tank.Must have gotten past the towel plugging hole somehow. The pump bent the shaft when the wood reached the impeller.
Hair yes there was some VERY LITTLE wife and I both have LONG hair I shed like a sheep dog the amount of hair verses amount of hair wrapped around the impellerwas minimal.My take on this is hair also gets chopped up and discharged. My thinking is dental floss would be a problem.
I'll try and post pics.

I bought a macerator pump for my coach around two years ago. Still haven't gotten around to installing it!

Have you found any downsides to it yet? The one thing that scared me was that supposedly hair gets caught in the impeller. My wife sheds more than the dog, so that concerned me just a bit.

I did need to replace the pump after 5 years not related to pump just stupid error. Unknown to me while replacing the floor in the bathroom a piece of WOOD1X3X1/4 thick was allowed to drop into holding tank.Must have gotten past the towel plugging hole somehow. The pump bent the shaft when the wood reached the impeller.
Hair yes there was some VERY LITTLE wife and I both have LONG hair I shed like a sheep dog the amount of hair verses amount of hair wrapped around the impellerwas minimal.My take on this is hair also gets chopped up and discharged. My thinking is dental floss would be a problem.
I'll try and post pics.

I'll try and post pics.

Ed & Joann Wimberley
82 PT 35 6V92
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Dumping the old tanks - eaw - 02-15-2013, 10:34
RE: Dumping the old tanks - eaw - 02-15-2013, 15:31
RE: Dumping the old tanks - eaw - 02-15-2013, 23:29

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)