Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric vs. Gas grill was Re: 1111Aa RV3012M inverter installation photos
06-12-2008, 08:44
Electric vs. Gas grill was Re: 1111Aa RV3012M inverter installation photos
The electric grill was missing from my coach when I got it... My coach is all- electric so I carry no LP gas on board. I do carry some charcoal and lighter fluid and we use BBQs at campgrounds that look (or can be made to be) clean and sanitary. We could carry a portable BBQ, but haven't, so far. 
The advantage of the gas grill is that they're usually faster to heat up and possibly get a bit hotter (sometimes helpful) than the electric models. Personally, I think the flavor of meat cooked over a flame (either gas or charcoal) is better than cooked on an electric grill. (We use an electric 'griller' at home in the kitchen. It does a passible steak -- but it doesn't have that 'char' flavor that you get from a flame.)
The disadvantage of the gas grill is the LP gas. You have to deal with another stop for the fuel, so there's just a bit more hassle. There are also some bridges and tunnels where carrying LP gas is not permitted -- which, in some cases, may cause a lengthy detour. (For example, I think the Chesapeake bridge and tunnel is restricted.) So, you'll always need to be careful to check for restrictions.
On the whole, I'd lean toward keeping the electric, simply to avoid the hassle. If you already have gas on board, then the issues already exist, so then it's simply a matter of your preferences. Keep in mind that installing the gas lines may or may not be easy -- so that would enter into any calculation of plusses and minuses.
Pete Masterson
'95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Jun 12, 2008, at 1:15 PM, bumpersbird wrote:

I was just finishing putting everything back in bay three and I am 
now wondering should I put the electric grill back in or get the gas 
fired Infrared BBQ that I have been drooling over, OH I love seared 
beef!
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Electric vs. Gas grill was Re: 1111Aa RV3012M inverter installation photos - Pete Masterson - 06-12-2008 08:44

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)