Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shock mount: Re: Temps
06-18-2008, 20:53
Shock mount: Re: Temps
It's difficult ... they put a coat of black paint over everything when they finished. Can't get a particularly clear photo -- and the darn thing is hard to get to as it is.
The huge list of other stuff they did isn't particularly photogenic. (e.g. New muffler (it's all inside); rebuild air dryer; etc.)
By the way, one of the things on my list was to find the dryer vent outlet. CCW was not successful in finding it. (I suspected it was clogged and wanted to (try to) clear it from the outside.)
My coach has the "diagonal aisle" (that the "DA" in the WBDA below). This creates a hallway past the bathroom to one side. Since the bath is rearranged from the "walk through" type, the combo washer/dryer ends up on the centerline of the coach. 
Searching from the underside proved futile, so I had to remove the Splendide to get to the vent. It turns out that the vent outlet is simply a hole cut into the floor, just off center, but inside the frame rails, way up above and just to the front of the drive axles.
The doors to the closet that holds the dryer are not quite wide enough, so they have to be removed. About a dozen screws on each piano hinge (BB does love those piano hinges). Then two screws must be removed from a felt-covered board that runs along the back edge of the washer. (That's what really holds the washer from sliding around while underway.) 
Finally, I was able to wrestle the thing out of the closet and push it mostly out of the way. I then had to remove the bottom of the closet, and there was the air-operated vent device (actually a surprisingly siimple thing) and once the flexible dryer vent hose was removed, I discovered a "pad" of lint, about 1/4" thick completely blocking the vent exit. The exit is simply a hole in the plywood/steel coach interior floor with an expanded mesh screen (holes of 1/2 x 3/4" or so). Obviously this is to keep larger vermin from entering the coach. Once the "pad" was removed, I could easily see through it, past the frame, to the street below. (But I can imagine how difficult it might be to see from the bottom, looking up.) Besides, I doubt I could have cleared it from the outside, anyway.
When I first had access to the vent hose, I tried running my shop vac hose down in it, but I couldn't get past the vent door thing. I also tried the reverse direction air, and all the air went back into the room. 
Once the "felt pad" of lint was removed, the dryer hose then handled the full blow pressure of the shop vac with ease.
I plan to run a modest load of laundry later this week to see just how well the washer/dryer (especially the dryer) works, now that it is vented.
Pete Masterson
'95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Jun 18, 2008, at 10:46 PM, David Brady wrote:

BTW Pete, can you share some pictures of the work that CCW
did?

David Brady wrote:

So everyone:

1) keep an eye on your drivers side upper shock mount,
2) check your shocks to make sure they're not too long in the fully
compressed state which leads to the shocks bearing the load of the
coach instead of the front airbag bump stops, and
3) air up your coach before you retract your HWH landing gear.

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Shock mount: Re: Temps - Pete Masterson - 06-18-2008, 16:23
Shock mount: Re: Temps - David Brady - 06-18-2008, 17:43
Shock mount: Re: Temps - David Brady - 06-18-2008, 17:46
Shock mount: Re: Temps - Pete Masterson - 06-18-2008, 20:36
Shock mount: Re: Temps - Pete Masterson - 06-18-2008 20:53
Shock mount: Re: Temps - David Brady - 06-19-2008, 01:39
Shock mount: Re: Temps - David Brady - 06-19-2008, 01:48
Shock mount: Re: Temps - Pete Masterson - 06-19-2008, 03:04
Shock mount: Re: Temps - Pete Masterson - 06-19-2008, 03:13
Shock mount: Re: Temps - bumpersbird - 06-19-2008, 04:12
Shock mount: Re: Temps - Pete Masterson - 06-19-2008, 05:07
Shock mount: Re: Temps - bumpersbird - 06-19-2008, 06:04
Shock mount: Re: Temps - Pete Masterson - 06-19-2008, 06:37
Shock mount: Re: Temps - Ed - 06-19-2008, 09:07
Shock mount: Re: Temps - Pete Masterson - 06-19-2008, 12:22

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)