Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Elaine's Late"- Stuart Wood "Stone Barrington series"
02-19-2013, 16:57 (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 17:25 by pgchin.)
"Elaine's Late"- Stuart Wood "Stone Barrington series"
Ok, I'll bite!Big Grin
So in an effort stay off the internet and broaden my horizons, I've gone back to reading books, something I used to do and enjoy. Nothing like a glass of your favorite beverage, under the awning of your bird, late in the afternoon as the sun sets!Tongue Anyway, one of Stuart Woods fictional character book series has a guy named Stone Barrington. He ALWAYS get's the girl like 007 (sorry,Jenn, I don't write'em, just read'em ) So he has this Italian decent girlfriend in one of his books that cooks him a fabulous meal and a little appetizer to go with their drinks. I've made this many times and Donna and I both love it!!!! So he ya go...........

-Italian, french or cuban bread, your choice sliced about 1/2 inch thick 8-10 slices
- 3-4 cloves of garlic chopped and diced
- 3-4 bright red Roma tomato's or any tomato variety you like
- 1 small onion diced of your favorite variety
- olive oil

Use butter or margarine and spread on 1 side of the slices, add a little garlic and Italian seasoning, put in the oven or toaster oven on broil to melt the whole thing like you are making mini garlic bread slices

Dice the tomatoes very finely with a large knife but a sharp clever works best. In a small frying pan, coat with olive oil, add the diced tomatos, onions, and a little garlic and Italian seasoning, cover and cook on medium heat for about 8 minutes until the tomatos and onions are tender.
Remove from heat. Add some shredded cheese (like krafts or Sargento's 6 combo Italian cheese) to taste and stir to make a paste.

Spread the paste on the cooked mini garlic breads and enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
"Elaine's Late"- Stuart Wood "Stone Barrington series" - pgchin - 02-19-2013 16:57

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)