Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
89SP charger/converter info needed. How many converter/chargers needed?
07-31-2010, 00:03
89SP charger/converter info needed. How many converter/chargers needed?
Don't get lulled in to any notion that a charger is smart.
The only real brains in a charger determine the temperature and nothing else. Changes in temperature need to change the float charge voltage by .01 Volt increments. Yup, point zero one at a time per degree F. Other than this, a smart charger really doesn't exist. I know this is a dissapointment to many people but oh well. that is why my system is set up with two precision converters and I leave the equalize part to the engine alternator. The worst issue with smart temperature corrected chargers is that EVERY battery has a different curve of float voltage change. Sure there are rules and guidelines but how does the charger know what your battery is? Colder is higher Voltage. Hotter is lower Voltage. As little at .3 volts over the line and you can have
coffee from the boiling.
gary 85pt40

--- On Sun, 7/25/10, HANK wrote:
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: 89SP charger/converter info needed. How many converter/chargers needed?
To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, July 25, 2010, 4:22 PM

For my 90SP36, I replaced four 12Volt batteries with..TWO six volt TROJAN T-105'S and I have a Xantrex 2500 charger and I have plenty of house power..

Regards,

Hank Hannigan

90SP36

--- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, "wl89spman" wrote:

>

> My SP has 2 PD9155's(55 amps each).They don't charge batterys high enough(11-11.5v). If I replace them do I need 2 or can I get one that is 80amps. Do most coaches have 2 chargers/converters? I have a sw in the shore power door that is labled HIand LO.I understand that it selects one(LO)or both(hi).Does everybody have this sw? And where do you leave the sw positioned? How many AMPS do I need for a charger/conveter?

> Thanks for any help

> Ed Gardels 89SP

> Arlington, Texas

>

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
89SP charger/converter info needed. How many converter/chargers needed? - GARY MINKER - 07-31-2010 00:03

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)