Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fix my blinds
02-21-2013, 12:57 (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 12:58 by pgchin.)
Fix my blinds
Did one of your blinds or Roman shade break and finally give up the ghost? Is New blinds or a shades remodel a little lower on your priority list and you just need an interim solution?WinkIdea Then look no more, this URL has served me well of the years, product, supply, how to video's, the works! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!
http://www.fixmyblinds.com/Drums-for-you...s-s/39.htm

PS this job of restring is not bad, you need a clean dry surface the size of a picnic table to work on and PATIENCE. You can use a match to melt the new string to the old string if it is still in place and just gently pull through, if it's not, you can gently disassemble the top of the roman shade or blind by sliding the fabric over the clips and access everything you need including installing a new brake. Two broke on the last trip and I restrung just the 1 broken string with fishing line to get me through the trip until I could order what I needed!Tongue The brake won't work due to the different line thicknesses but I cobbled a fix together so we could press on until I could fix it correctly!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Fix my blinds - pgchin - 02-21-2013 12:57
RE: Fix my blinds - BruceSummerlin - 02-23-2013, 19:49
RE: Fix my blinds - davidbrady - 02-24-2013, 12:57
RE: Fix my blinds - pgchin - 05-07-2013, 11:06
RE: Fix my blinds - pgchin - 05-13-2013, 14:11

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)