Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LXi and WideBody PTO/Pump Splines
05-28-2013, 12:41
RE: LXi and WideBody PTO/Pump Splines
Wow Pete! BTDT! Smile

I know what a great feeling it is to have a new PTO/Pump unit installed! Congrats! I'm sure you're enjoying the smooth and quiet operation that comes with new. Are you also going to look into your fan speed control? It may be worth while to take a photo tachometer to the system to get a baseline for speeds. At this point the only items that could impact fan speed are the controller and the fan motor.

I couldn't agree more about the 2 1/4" u-pipe and flexible hose couplings. I couldn't budge one of them. I also hauled mine down to my local hydraulics shop for them to separate the couplings. They clamped it to their mongo vice, grabbed a 4' cheater pipe, and brought over their forklift to apply pressure the the cheater bar! It popped! I don't know what's up with those large connections - there may be some galling going on that welds them together.

On the LXi style lowered chassis models I was able to hold the combined PTO/Pump assembly up with one hand while I positioned the bolts with the other. In fact, I did it twice, which is usually my luck. The first time I put the PTO/Pump assembly together after topping up with fluid and starting the coach I noticed that the seal at the PTO shaft was leaking (at the grease fitting side). So, I drained the fluid a second time, took it all apart, brought down the PTO/Pump as a single assy, installed a new seal and lifted it back up with one hand and bolted it in place with the other. Don't mess with me, I'm a Hercules! Not! Smile

Way to go Pete! I'm glad you go that job done!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes davidbrady's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: LXi and WideBody PTO/Pump Splines - davidbrady - 05-28-2013 12:41

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)