Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LXi and WideBody PTO/Pump Splines
07-07-2013, 09:30
RE: LXi and WideBody PTO/Pump Splines
Hi Morey,

Back in March of 2012 I ordered a 1" PTO from these folks ($675, $30 ship, 2 week lead time):

Heavy Duty Services
3847 Prince Street,
Conway, AR 72034
Phone: (501) 329-0998

I ordered the pump from my local Hydraulics Shop ($795, also around a 30 day lead time):

Custom Hydraulics & Design, Inc
3822 Statesville Avenue
Charlotte NC 28206

(07-06-2013 11:23)pgchin Wrote:  BTW FWIW, like David, after I installed the new PTO and NEW Pump and ran it on the first 400 mile shakedown, it appears to have a "seal weep" on the output shaft of the new pump, more like a "weep". The new PTO is fine. About an ounce a run. Screw it, unless the weep turns into a leak I'll pull the pump and have my local guy change the shaft seal on the next fluid and filter change.......kinda disappointed in the company that now builds these pumps new. Most hydraulic shops can rebuild old pumps but only one company now build the pumps new..........

I feel your pain Pete! Sad Leaks are very frustrating and leaks in new equipment are just plain infuriating! My leak was at the grease fitting on the shaft of the PTO. If you're leaking hydraulic fluid from the pump I'd be a little concerned of hydraulic fluid filling the cavity which joins the PTO to the Pump and eventually overwhelming the seal at the PTO which would mean hydraulic fluid in the transmission.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes davidbrady's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: LXi and WideBody PTO/Pump Splines - davidbrady - 07-07-2013 09:30

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)