Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LXi and WideBody PTO/Pump Splines
09-01-2015, 00:55
RE: LXi and WideBody PTO/Pump Splines
this was a upgrade I felt needed to avoid a possible issue one day . In my ownership of 3 BB, and 1 Prevost over the past 28 years, I felt eliminating grief was as important to me, and my wife who must be the sounding board for my rants .
In the 3 plus years and 125k miles of our stewardship, we have changed oil, and lubed her aprox every 6k miles or so . I also try to upgrade as I go along any potential items which may fail in the near future. I did not always approach my ownership in this manor , In fact I was one of those , " if it aint broke , don t fix it " kind of guys . Over the past 2 years, I have had my fair share of issues that with the assistance of David , Jim , Ed , Randy and many other members of WaGu & WOG , I would not even own a BB today . Do your research over there and here , and you can read up on all the upgrades and issues I have dealt with .
if you think there is any coach out there that one day you will not be having work done , then it must be the one that is parked and never used, for I assure you if you use it, it will need upgrades and improvements , its just the nature of a home on wheels .
Now as to my coach , I bought her from a man who loved her and spared no expense to make her as perfect as he could in his stewardship of her . She was represented accurately, and I was very pleased with my purchase . In fact, it would be over a year before I would face my first issue . In hind sight , I wish I would have been more like David , Chuck and many others who take the time to do the preventative maintenance, and system upgrades these fine machines deserve and need . But in the end, I did do what was needed , I only wish they would have been done when I wanted to ,and not due to a brake down on the road . and trust me, all the foresight in the world is no guarantee you wont brake down .
Now as to my issue with a potential buyer of our coach , all I can say is I don't sell coaches for a living , and in no way was I looking to make money, or unload a bad coach . I felt the post came across in a manor in which what I had said in private with multiple tex and on the phone was not trusted . I therefore felt it best to no longer continue with the sale , for both our good .
I would add that no mater how perfect a coach is when you buy her , in no way did you buy a new coach with a warrantee , cause as we all know, even a new coach can, and will brake down Smile so if braking down is not something you can handle, then owning a motorhome just may not be for you .

let me know if you have any other thoughts or questions I failed to answer , but for now my 2 fingers are sore and I need to stop typing Smile

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like al perna's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: LXi and WideBody PTO/Pump Splines - al perna - 09-01-2015 00:55

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)