Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LXi and WideBody PTO/Pump Splines
09-01-2015, 10:49 (This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 11:46 by travelite.)
RE: LXi and WideBody PTO/Pump Splines
Beautifully written Al, thanks!

All I can add is that there's something else to keep in mind about Wanderlodges, and this is very apparent after owning a Prevost. If you're at all mechanically inclined, Wanderlodges are very accessible meaning that a decent shadetree mechanic can do a lot on these buses. You don't need an abundance of specialty tools, the built-in HWH jacks are great for lifting the bus, there are no exotic or proprietary house electronics, the chassis is largely off the shelf class 8 stuff. You can do a lot in keeping costs down by doing as much work as you can on your own, and wanderlodge made it easy. For instance, I did my entire CAC and Radiator replacement on my own, by myself (solo), with a motorcycle lift I bought from Harbor Freight. Wanderlodges lend themselves to being worked on by the average mechanic. So roll up your sleeves and keep your costs down! And, if you need help, we're here to walk you through!

BTW, never, never, ever, crawl underneath one unless it's supported by cribbing or jackstands rated for the purpose; don't ever trust your HWH jacks, they're not made for this purpose. Always support the bus! Always! If you take shortcuts you're risking your life. They are very unforgiving in this way.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: LXi and WideBody PTO/Pump Splines - davidbrady - 09-01-2015 10:49

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)