Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LXi and WideBody PTO/Pump Splines
09-01-2015, 16:16
RE: LXi and WideBody PTO/Pump Splines
I will echo David's sentiment: Well stated Al.

Not having seen the thread, I have no idea what your prospective buyer was talking about, but even brand new RVs are back in the dealers with broken or non-working systems after their first trip. Heck, we had a friend with a brand new sob rv "bus" not even make it home from the dealer because the diesel engine blew up on it on the way home!

I would agree that if you're not somewhat handy, or expect perfection, then maybe you should reconsider your purchase, because there is no such thing as a perfect RV that will never break. Or else have Coach Net on speed dial and a large line on your credit card. Also, on RVs like a Wanderlodge with so many options on them, there are features and systems that I have literally never used in my current bus (spotlight, satellite dish, docking lights, garbage disposal come to mind), or have used only once or twice in 10 years (heaters), so they may or may not work. On the other hand, I know that I can go over to the shop, back out and go to either coast without even thinking twice about it. To me, the stuff you use everyday to get you safely down the road is what counts. That stuff is the important stuff to worry about.

I once read that the average house weighs 40,000 pounds if you add up all the lumber, nails, appliances, foundation, etc. Hmmm, about the same weight as a Wanderlodge. I don't think the average house would fare well bouncing down the roads at 70mph.

FWIW

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi43 DS
San Antonio, TX
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: LXi and WideBody PTO/Pump Splines - mikebulriss - 09-01-2015 16:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)