Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digitel monitoring system
06-04-2013, 20:03
RE: Digitel monitoring system
Ned,

Yes, it was fairly close to that, but I remember the Digitel I had as being a little clearer and more fluid, so it was pretty easy to understand. Pretty close though.

Mike Bulriss
1991 WB40 "Texas Minivan" - without a Digitel Sad
San Antonio, TX

(06-03-2013 21:05)nedb Wrote:  
(05-21-2013 20:06)mikebulriss Wrote:  In summary, I am hoping David's SAN work can reproduce a new version of the Little Man. Maybe some of you guys with older coaches with a functioning Digitel can fill David in on some of the other features that this system monitored.

So the Digitel voice was a Steven Hawking kind of computer voice? Like, this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcaezclC8lo

The EMIC voice on YouTube requires careful listening. It seems to me to require a great deal of mental effort to get the message from a Hawking kind of synthesized voice.

A more natural "human" voice might be easier to understand. I guess the HAL 2000 voice in 2001:A Space Oddysey is what I'd prefer.
Considering the finite number of things it would need to say, I'm surprised Wanderlodge didn't go for a recorded voice like HAL.

American Express used to have a female voice on their customer support phone line that was so pleasant I used to call it just to listen. Wish I had an example of it, it had a kind of "Terry Gross" quality (if you know what I mean, the NPR voice on "All Things Considered"), but was clearly intended to be an impersonal computer speaking. I think it was reprocessed voice recording.

An updated Digitel should speak less like EMIC, more like the American Express voice, IMHO.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digitel monitoring system - nedb - 05-30-2013, 19:43
RE: Digitel monitoring system - nedb - 06-03-2013, 21:05
RE: Digitel monitoring system - mikebulriss - 06-04-2013 20:03

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)