Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good answers to tire pressure questions
06-22-2013, 01:55
RE: Good answers to tire pressure questions
(06-21-2013 12:03)pgchin Wrote:  David,
Yeah I agree, I believe sidewall deflection really is the key item to watch having done exactly that in the last two sets. I can't speak for the new Michelin set yet but on the other two sets I had, for every 10 degrees F of temp, I lost 6lbs of air at "cold" status. So, technically, if I set my pressure here in Florida at 85 degree's F, and drive to Michigan, where it is say, 60 degrees F, I just lost 15 lbs of air!Idea I am now severely under inflated! This actually happened to me one summer very early on in the learning curve! Now you know why I check every morning I roll!Wink
FWIW anecdotal data, the new Michelin's ride SO SMOOTH AND SOFT, compared to my other brand, I thought they were under inflated and kept checking the pressures!Tongue This years walk about will be a new learning experience again!Rolleyes The other brand was a steel belt design.

FYI for those of you on 8.25's like me:
http://fleetowner.com/question/proper-rim-size

I had the same issues this fella had. When I went to try and buy other brands ( 4 different brands) from the guy I used to use, the computer told him I needed 9" rims??????? HUH??? He even called one of the brand reps and they said, yep we used to spec 12r's on 8.25 but we no longer do????? HUH??? SO finally I said the heck with it and went with Michelin who DO spec 12r's on 8.25........ Just relating my trials and tribulations, your experiences and decisions will differ! :-)

When I switched to Michelins, I did because I swapped my BMW Continentals for Michelins and had the same experience. Michelins on '95 Pretty Penny had the same result over the Bridgestones they replaced. Quieter, smoother and greater traction on curves.

Tommy "2 Shoes" McCarthy
2006 M450XLI "GoneAway" Big Grin
Former owner 1995 PT42 WB "Pretty Penny"
Gardnerville, NV
Near South Lake Tahoe
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good answers to tire pressure questions - tcandt - 06-22-2013 01:55

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)