Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge
06-27-2013, 22:54 (This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 23:02 by gondolaguy.)
RE: Time to replace crappy Dometic junk absorbtion fridge
(06-27-2013 14:59)Arcticdude Wrote:  Corey,

Mine (absorption Dometic) is 17 years old and still original. Other than cleaning the flue once a year, I haven't done anything to it. I certainly have the same concerns about burning the coach up, but we've all also got high amperage 12v cables running all over the place which can burn her up too. So far I haven't heard of anybody getting rid of those!! Lol. Certainly there are thousands of rv's out there well over 10 years still with working units. As you pointed out, we only hear about the ones that burn.

It's frustrating that RV reefer technology is still in the 40's. Why can't we get a well insulated box with an efficient and safe heater mechanism? It shouldn't be all that tough.

Here is where my Dometic now resides on its way to oblivion! İmage
Here is why.... İmage charred on side of cabinet and top of cabinet on way out of roof vent İmage . Top that off with two electric fans to fuel any fire and a heat sensor at the bottom of the cabinet that would only catch the fire after the roof had melted down!!! This in a coach with 46,000 miles and limited propane use. Yikes!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to replace crappy Dometic junk absorbtion fridge - gondolaguy - 06-27-2013 22:54

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)