• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge
07-04-2013, 14:11
RE: Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorbtion fridge
(07-04-2013 14:09)gondolaguy Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 14:02)davidmbrady Wrote:  Hey Corey,

I'm afraid to ask when the other time was... Confused LOL

Starts with Micro - - - ends in 4!!!Big Grin

Ok, sounds like a great idea putting the fire box back there. How many owners have done that prior to the refer going bad????HuhConfused

Oops, I edited my post and deleted it by mistake. Here it is:

Hey Corey,

I'm afraid to ask when the other time was... Confused LOL

The gentleman that put together the Hardy backerboard fire container had a long career in the fire prevention industry. The idea of shielding fuel from combustibles is the rationale, and we've been doing it for a long time. We put electrical devices in metal boxes, fuels get stored in fuel containers, engine's get put behind firewalls, high amperage wiring is put behind fuses and circuit breakers, and webasto furnaces are contained in stainless steel enclosures. Plus, household compressor refrigerators aren't without their problems; it's always a good idea to check out reported problems and recalls related to them. Check out these publications from The National Fire Protection Agency on home fires caused by refrigerators.

I may change my stance if I can find supporting statistics to the contrary. I'm still looking for statistics that put absorption refrigerator fire risk in it's proper perspective. I'd like to see government agency statistics of recreational vehicle fires and a break out of the cause of each.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)