Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge
07-20-2013, 09:40
RE: Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge
New fridge arrived yesterday, what a beauty! Also, what a deal. Through Appliance Connection the price was $1169, no shipping, no tax, shipped to me door. Had I bought at box store $1590 with tax plus I would need to pick up. I am really impressed with the overall quality and love the Platinum finish. Much prefer it over stainless/shiny look.

David, I don't see that this model claims the inverter tech, but not really clear on how that works anyway.

One thing that occurred to me in looking at it is why the dual cooling is used. Most refrigerators send all the cool air through the freezer, then scavenged down for the refrigerator portion. Since cold air sinks, this is relatively easy with the freezer n top. With the French Door design, the freezer is on the bottom, so two cooling compressors are employed. It also means the freezer is a chest type, the most efficient at keeping the cold in the "bin" when opened. All together , great design, great price.

Corey Noble
Laurel Park, NC
2000 LXi 46,000 miles and counting
Added features: Overbuilt cycle lift, built-in vacuum, flat panel LCD TVs, Vetus macerating toilet, Samsung fridge, Lifeline batteries, headlight cover removal campaign.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge - gondolaguy - 07-20-2013 09:40

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)