Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generator exhaust roof water leak
07-19-2013, 18:35 (This post was last modified: 07-19-2013 23:05 by davidbrady.)
Generator exhaust roof water leak
I'm still in Pennsylvania and we've been having torrential downpours, sheets of rain. These storms are a great test of the Brady Slide Seal. I'm quick with my flashlight to spot any interior dampness that may have breached the seal. The good news is, the slide seal is weather tight! The bad news is I found a steady stream of water coming down my genny roof exhaust. As many of you know the genny roof exhaust is encased in a 4" stainless steel pipe as it routes it's way thru the bus interior. The stainless is wrapped with a reflective insulation. Water is streaming down outside surface of the insulation wrap. I have yet to climb on the roof to look around, too much lightening, but I think it's designed so that rain can run down the void between the genny exhaust and the stainless steel outer pipe. This doesn't seem to be my problem. My leak seams to be on the outside face of the stainless steel protective piping. Have any of you experienced genny exhaust water leaks of this type? What should I check for? Are roof caps available where the exhaust protrudes thru the roof and seals onto the roof surface?

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Generator exhaust roof water leak - davidbrady - 07-19-2013 18:35

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)