Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Down-draft radiator fan failure
08-02-2013, 18:29 (This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 18:36 by davidbrady.)
RE: Down-draft radiator fan failure
I have 3000 hours on mine and I replaced the fan at probably 2000 hours, so my estimate of lifetime is just a guess. It'd be interesting to hear from others as to the generator hours when their motor was replaced. It's a fairly harsh environment with heat, moisture, dust, dirt, and fumes. My fan housing and assembly looks a lot like yours; I can loosen the four screws in the slotted holes that hold the upper housing in place, disconnect the wires, and have a new motor installed in an hour. It's not a hard job. I don't know if we tend to see winding or bearing failure or at what proportion. We also might be seeing early failure due to faulty capacitors and resulting current overload. Will we see more lifetime with enclosed housings and ball bearings and is it worth the extra cost??? Maybe others have experience that can shed light on this.

Do you know for certain that you're replacing the original fan motor (the motor that your bus shipped with from Blue Bird)?

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Down-draft radiator fan failure - davidbrady - 08-02-2013 18:29

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)