Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alpine IVA-C800 Video/CD/ Nav Radio
08-13-2013, 00:37
RE: Alpine IVA-C800 Video/CD/ Nav Radio
Hi Chuck,

I use the Alpine Powernav NVE-N852A with an Alpine IVA-D106 head-end which has a 7" flip up screen. I installed this system in 2005 and am still using 2005 maps. A newer navigation DVD is probably available, but I mostly travel interstate highways which don't change much; I haven't gotten myself into a bind yet. I see that the NVE-N852A is no longer available but I haven't spent any time yet to see what's taken it's place. The Powernav has never offered any true trucking capabilities: bridge height, weight restrictions, etc, which would be something to look for. I haven't had any problems with it. Other's may have info on the current crop of offerings. I'd love to hear about them too. I already have a PC that I use for VMSpc and I really don't want to share it with Delorme or any other windows based navigation system. Back when I installed my IVA-D106 the Powernav gave Delorme a run for its money, but I suspect that Delorme or similar has outpaced it by now. I like the convenience of the flip up display, I like the satellite radio, and surround surround sound with subwoofer, the integration with my TV monitor, and I like the that it looks original in my dashboard. I suspect when it fails I'll probably look seriously at some of the PC offerings and I'll try to find a way to integrate it into my dash. I'm looking forward to other comments.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alpine IVA-C800 Video/CD/ Nav Radio - davidbrady - 08-13-2013 00:37

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)