Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alpine IVA-C800 Video/CD/ Nav Radio
08-13-2013, 21:00 (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 21:01 by cmillsap.)
RE: Alpine IVA-C800 Video/CD/ Nav Radio
(08-13-2013 14:28)Arcticdude Wrote:  Since most oem's are using screens flush mounted in the dash, the aftermarkets need to have something to mount in that hole/space. Besides, the flip up screens had problems with the motorized portions. Take out the rear view screen and mount a new system in that location. The new stuff has inputs for such things as rear view cameras.

Yeah, John,

The mechanism that operates the flip up "err" retractable screens are prone to failure as the gearing goes haywire. Extending & retracting the screen every time the radio is used wears the mechanism out prematurly. Anyone with a flip up screen radio would be wise to leave the screen extended to lengthen the life of the radio. Perhaps a dry lubricant on the slide mechanism may take some of the stress off the gears.

I bought another head unit online for $117. A cheap way to get my audio working as it should again. I plan to leave the screen in the extended position as it really isn't in the way of anything else.

Hopefully, it was the head unit and not the "brain" that is bad on my unit. If not, I can buy a "brain" unit for about $70 online.

BTW, I did check with Alpine as they have a service center very close to me here in CA. They can not repair this model radio as there are no more replacement parts available.

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alpine IVA-C800 Video/CD/ Nav Radio - cmillsap - 08-13-2013 21:00

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)