Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One project begats another...
08-17-2013, 21:21
RE: One project begats another...
(08-17-2013 12:17)gondolaguy Wrote:  The new fridge project somehow inspired the removal of old front carpet and replacement with cork flooring. The carpet looked in decent shape, but I suspected it was causing a lot of dust as it is now 13 years old and probably deteriorating. Removal was as expected, lots of staples to pull and a few surprises in the way BB transitioned to things like the passenger seat mount and the entry stairs. Basically, they just laid up padding and cut the top coat of plywood back from the edge. This required adding material to level the entire floor for the cork. I used floating cork planks attached to an underlayment that snaps together like laminate flooring. This matched the height of the kitchen/bath vinyl floating floor for a perfect transition. Here I laid out the new flooring on the deck. Here are shots of the finished floor.

Nice Cory!

Very nice!

I've been considering cork flooring myself.
Lightweight, easy on the feet, waterproof and when one gets the Bluebird bounce and you land on it, well you bounce right back. The trampoline effect.Wink

Also been following your Samson fridge install. While I did think we did the right thing with the Amish replacement and halogen extinguisher, I can't help but admire how yours now looks and envy all the additional space you have.

Now it makes me wonder. Smile

J

Jennifer and Darrell Snell
2000 LXi ME SS
Florida - Palm Harbor and McAlpin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: One project begats another... - Ms. Bee - 08-17-2013 21:21

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)