Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have your toad push your motorhome (grade assist)
08-19-2013, 09:23
RE: Have your toad push your motorhome (grade assist)
(08-18-2013 22:36)davidbrady Wrote:  On the contrary, I think any little bit would help. Whether it's a toad with 350 rear wheel horsepower or one with just enough power to push itself over the hill.

Along the lines of Push power, I always thought it'd be cool to develop an RV platform that has a detachable power unit. The complete drivetrain along engine, transmission, drive wheels, fuel tank, and everything needed to feed and support the powerplant would be in a detachable trailer. Sort of like an articulated bus but with only the drivetrain in the trailer portion. These power 'modules' would be built to a standard interface so that they easily connect to any motorhome house. When a power unit needs service the owner simply drops off his leased unit at a service center and swaps it for a recently serviced unit. The power unit could be multi-fuel. It could be full battery power for city travel or natural gas for cross country. Still kind of a lame brain half baked idea, but one can dream... Smile
I think this is how they get trains over the Rockies. How about a business that supplies push units at the bottom of large inclines?

Of course, if one just buys a rig with enough power, it is all moot!

Corey Noble
Laurel Park, NC
2000 LXi 46,000 miles and counting
Added features: Overbuilt cycle lift, built-in vacuum, flat panel LCD TVs, Vetus macerating toilet, Samsung fridge, Lifeline batteries, headlight cover removal campaign.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have your toad push your motorhome (grade assist) - gondolaguy - 08-19-2013 09:23

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)