Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out with old Thomas air pump
09-27-2013, 20:39 (This post was last modified: 09-27-2013 20:41 by Arcticdude.)
RE: Out with old Thomas air pump
Tommy,

Here's my latest setup.

This is one I bought out of a wrecked bird, but I actually had already started building this same setup. Even have the new tank already painted inside and out! But this was too good to pass up! It's a horrible freight sausage compressor tank with the Thomas pump mounted on the top. I'm currently holding 75psi over 48hrs with this set up. I installed my pressure cut off valve on it, as it has an on/off switch on it, so I can turn the pump off whenever I want to. I'm mounting this one right on the oem board from the old compressor with anble brackets to mount it upright, like the picture has it. It fits quite nicely right where the old tank was. If you can sneak up to Asheville next week, you're more than welcome to take a look. Funny, now that I've got 3 tanks and 3 pumps, this system will never fail!

Of course, now looking at the posted picture, I realize I really should paint this one before I mount it!!! DOH, it's always something!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Out with old Thomas air pump - Arcticdude - 09-27-2013 20:39

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)