Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti Sway Bars 101 (LXi and LX)
08-27-2013, 11:57
RE: Anti Sway Bars 101 (LXi and LX)
Thanks for this additional analysis. I took your original advice and tried unhooking one end of the bar to see what happens. (While at Bleakley @ Unadilla, they found the nut at one end of the bar was so stressed, it had jammed the nut and they had to burn it off with a torch.) The difference in ride, negotiating bridge expansion joints was amazing. Instead of a massive clunk, shaking the whole coach, it became a much smoother and a lesser bump. There is more sway in turns, but I happily trade this for the smoother ride.

I removed the whole bar and threw it in the trash while in Maine after traveling north from GA.

The final improvement came last winter, when I finally addressed the shocks, finding one front Koni completely without friction damping. With the new shocks came a another noticeable improvement and now we can drive over interstate bridges with NO FEAR! And if the whole dash could be disassembled, the wood squeaks and rattles originally caused by the sway bar could be eliminated

Morey Zuber
99LXi41
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anti Sway Bars 101 (LXi and LX) - timetravelers - 08-27-2013 11:57
RE: Anti Sway Bars 101 (LXi) - JD33 - 08-29-2013, 16:54
RE: Anti Sway Bars 101 (LXi) - pgchin - 11-06-2013, 11:08

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)