Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batteries Overcharging Badly
09-09-2013, 13:58
RE: Batteries Overcharging Badly
These posts just keep getting more informative...!

We haven't missed our trip just yet, presuming they actually have it fixed!

Here's where I'm at. I called the shop this morning to get an update and arrange to go over and share some of this info.

"It's all done, we're just totallying the work order".

They apparently replaced 2 of 3 of the brand new chassis batteries.

They also replaced all 6 of the 4D house batteries.

They also replaced a "leaking disconnect".

The regulator was reported as OK.

So I guess if it's wired right we'll have eliminated the batteries as a cause. If it's not, we'll be frying more batteries, but at least this time that will be all their cost.

They say the signal light turning on the wiper once is a steering column wiring matter and unrelated. Not sure if they attempted to fix or not. I'll find out when I get there.

I think when I go to pick it up, I will ask about the diodes and see if I get an

a) Yes, we know all about those and they are connected properly and we did such and such a test to verify, or
b) a deer in the headlight look at which point I will be in there with my iphone cam taking pictures in the hope one of you folks can help me ID the diode and verify its there and wired properly.

Part of me just wants to get it out of there.

Our big trip is not pooched yet.

I am supposed to be at a 30th Anniversary Fly In (Challenger Ultralights) near Moline on the weekend of the 20th. The plan is I fly and my missus drives our bus. We did the reverse trip in 2008 and she is a great bus driver and that way I have a nice place to sleep each night after a long day flying (Edmonton to Moline is a long ways at 70mph True Airspeed!).

I'm a bit worried about the coach, but I guess we'll do lots of testing in the driveway and see how it's doing, and I can also figure out the settings on the inverters.

Thanks for the ongoing help everyone.

If the factory was still there, I would be extending our trip to Georgia to get it looked at where it was built!

Mike and Tracy - near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
1999 43 LXI, "Maddy" - 60 Series Detroit
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD (Diesel) or Jeep Rubicon 4 Down Toad

Rolleyes http://www.challengerwest.com Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Batteries Overcharging Badly - mhughes01 - 09-09-2013 13:58

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)