Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batteries Overcharging Badly
09-11-2013, 22:38 (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 22:41 by cmillsap.)
RE: Batteries Overcharging Badly
(09-11-2013 16:42)gondolaguy Wrote:  David,

As you know, my three way switch titled "Aux battery" does not light up when in the center "off" position. It only lights up when depressed to the right or momentarily depressed to the left. Here was what I saw on a post on the other WL website

"This is what my LXi manual states, your M380 setup may be different.

AUXILIARY BATTERY
A three position switch – ON, OFF and Momentary ON. The Momentary ON
position connects chassis and coach batteries to aid in engine or generator
starting should this need arise. The ON position connects both sets of batteries
to the battery charger and is primarily intended to maintain all batteries during
long-term storage. The OFF position is the normal position while the coach is
in use, either driving or parked."

This is from the same year LXI as mine. I wonder then if mine is not functioning correctly and/or if your memory of yours is off???

Corey,

Sometimes those factory descriptions of the switch's operation are not totally accurate such as the one above. That switch really has nothing to do with starting the generator if it's battery is dead. As you know, there is another Aux Gen switch that performs that function.

As regards the Aux Bat Switch. On my bus, with the ignition on (alternator charging) and the switch set in the off position, the Green Light is on but at low intensity.
When the switch is pressed to the left to the on position to facilitate both banks being charged by the inverter/chargers, the green light becomes more brilliant.

On my other LXi, same thing, when traveling with alternator charging and Aux Bat switch in "Off" position, a low intensity glow on the green light.

That doesn't mean that your switch is faulty or that it should operate like mine. I'm just saying that is how mine is and everything works like they should regarding battery charging.

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cmillsap's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Batteries Overcharging Badly - cmillsap - 09-11-2013 22:38

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)