Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More Travel pictures
09-09-2013, 15:21 (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 15:30 by pgchin.)
RE: More Travel pictures
(09-09-2013 14:35)Arcticdude Wrote:  Pete,

Not to answer for Dennis, but I'd say the answer depends on how back country you want to get. I wouldn't take my bird up the highway, as I believe a vehicle suffers too much. I rode it on motorcycles and sold the one, while the wife still has hers. It's been 11 years and I can still find highway dirt on that bike! But to get back to topic, to truly see the backcountry, you need a plane! Wink

Thanks John for the info and help,
I saw a TV special once and some of Dennis's older pics and indeed it looked like He "flew" in to the back country. I am intrigued to see what he has to say about the truck camper and it's applicability after hang'in out there for 20 years!Big Grin. Truth be told..I'm thinking about another new set of toys...... a fully loaded diesel dually 4x4 with an Artic fox on the back!Tongue It has been on my wish list for years and on my next trip out west I am going to stop at the Artic fox factory for a tour......now, I KNOW I cannot use that setup for a toad UNLESS I upgrade the bird!!!!!!Angel teehee......just kidding about the toad but NOT about the toy......... after a decade of touring the lower 48, I find the new toy setup would work much better in certain area's and use cases.............. and I can "take turns" with the toys............ yeah I here ya about the dirt roads!!!!! :-)......... and to run to Alaska from Florida is a LOT of Diesel in a bird so if one's gonna do it, ya want to get the MOST out of the trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-0..............

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
More Travel pictures - DOSZORROS - 09-07-2013, 12:09
RE: More Travel pictures - pgchin - 09-09-2013, 12:35
RE: More Travel pictures - Arcticdude - 09-09-2013, 14:35
RE: More Travel pictures - pgchin - 09-09-2013 15:21
RE: More Travel pictures - Arcticdude - 09-09-2013, 17:09
RE: More Travel pictures - DOSZORROS - 09-09-2013, 21:39
RE: More Travel pictures - Arcticdude - 09-10-2013, 00:41
RE: More Travel pictures - pgchin - 09-10-2013, 10:40

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)