Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multifocal Contact Lenses
09-10-2013, 09:52
RE: Multifocal Contact Lenses
Interesting discussion. I too wore glasses that became progressively thicker, then bifocals and finally trifocals. Early last year, my Optometrist said I had cataracts, but unfortunately they were not "ripe" for surgery. An ophthalmic surgeon friend of mine suggested that I go for a surgical exam, and relate that excessive glare, extremely diminished night vision was making it dangerous for me to drive, which indeed it was. Bingo! The surgeon said I could have my cataracts removed and suggested I go for the Lasix with the new technology lenses. I did and thanks to Uncle Sam, and Medicare Part B. I now see 20-20 in my right eye and 20-25 in my left eye. The out of pocket expense was less than what I would have had to pay for new glasses. Unbelievable, now I can see like the Good Lord intended, except sometimes I have to use $10.00 Wally World reading glasses when trying to read extremely small print.

For all my brother and sister senior citizens who are drawing their "entitlements" go see about having this done, especially if you are beginning to develop cataracts. You will not regret it.

Tommy Rountree, AKA RetDA
Still a Newbie
1994 WB
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multifocal Contact Lenses - RetDA - 09-10-2013 09:52
RE: Multifocal Contact Lenses - RetDA - 09-10-2013, 10:39

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)