Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedco
09-25-2013, 20:44
Speedco
The oil needed to be changed in the S60. It had been in the engine since last December but only had about 6000 miles on it. So I decided to have it changed before I left Little Rock yesterday. Having had good experiences in the past with Speedco, I stopped in North Little Rock at their location.

First they couldn’t find all the filters, and then they found too many filters and removed my new coolant filter. I had just 2 weeks ago had the radiator flushed and new extended life coolant and a blank filter installed. Spilled 5 gallons of the new coolant in the pit before I realized what they were doing. Then they realized they didn’t have the primary fuel filter cartridge in stock after they had pulled it out of the can.

So we spent 3 hours at Speedco getting the oil changed. They had to go find a new coolant filter and the fuel filter cartridge. Checked the oil level today after the bus had set for 24 hours. Looks like the oil level is above the full line. I did watch how many quarts went in which was 38.

Now I’m a little hesitant to have my oil changed at Speedco in the future.

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2013, 20:59
RE: Speedco
That's the reason I have a lopro 58qt drain pan. I'll do it at home. I've seen similar work at "dealers".

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
09-26-2013, 02:37
(09-25-2013 20:44)cmillsap Wrote:  The oil needed to be changed in the S60. It had been in the engine since last December but only had about 6000 miles on it. So I decided to have it changed before I left Little Rock yesterday. Having had good experiences in the past with Speedco, I stopped in North Little Rock at their location.

First they couldn’t find all the filters, and then they found too many filters and removed my new coolant filter. I had just 2 weeks ago had the radiator flushed and new extended life coolant and a blank filter installed. Spilled 5 gallons of the new coolant in the pit before I realized what they were doing. Then they realized they didn’t have the primary fuel filter cartridge in stock after they had pulled it out of the can.

So we spent 3 hours at Speedco getting the oil changed. They had to go find a new coolant filter and the fuel filter cartridge. Checked the oil level today after the bus had set for 24 hours. Looks like the oil level is above the full line. I did watch how many quarts went in which was 38.

Now I’m a little hesitant to have my oil changed at Speedco in the future.

Chuck

Chuck, I have a catch tub that holds about 32 quarts (works great for the 8V92). If that works for you...the next time you need to change oil, drive your beautiful coach to my location and we'll drain/change oil/filters...have a beer or two. BBQ too.

I've been meaning to ask...you and Tela coming to the 2014 Q gathering? We hope you can join us.

Curt Sprenger
1987 PT38 "MacAttack Racing"
Anaheim Hills, CA
cosresources@gmail.com
09-26-2013, 09:16
Chuck , I have also used speedco with mixed results . the first time the man in the pit cross threaded the drain bolt . I soon realized I needed to put on old boots and be in the pit while the bolt and filters were being installed .
on my last PM at Parliament Coach in Fla our s60 took 40 qts oil . we are on the road most of the time and must have oil changes away from home base .

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)