Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. faces a married couples’ retirement crisis
10-15-2013, 09:31 (This post was last modified: 10-15-2013 09:33 by pgchin.)
U.S. faces a married couples’ retirement crisis
I haven't posted in this section for a while so I figured this would be an "enlightening" article to list to some given our demographics!Wink Over the past 5-7years I am noticing more and more "empty nesters" and retiree's who are friends or acquaintances of ours getting divorced VERY late in life after like 25-40 years of marriage. So here is one "professionals" opinion and advice.......... The only thing I can add is "communicate,communicate, then communicate some more"!!!!!!!!!Cool Then try and work out a "win-win" solution! Notice the RV reference in the article.......can't tell you how many times we pulled into a park and some newbie RV'er or retirees comes up and talks about how they did not know how "close" they were going to be with their spouse, no matter how BIG the rig!Idea

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-face...eid=yhoof2

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2013, 15:10
RE: U.S. faces a married couples’ retirement crisis
Interesting to see the writer stating the professional women have the hardest time retiring. Most of the ones I know are so glad to be out of the rat race, they're ecstatic.

We've solved the problem by setting up a large acreage to retire to. It's big enough so we can easily spend several days away from each other, if needed! Better yet, it's got enough peaks and valleys the cell phones don't work well, either! If I want to bother her, I've got to go find her first! Big Grin

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
10-15-2013, 19:46
Pete, all you have to say is yes maam, and no maam. then turn your hearing aid offAngel

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
[+] 1 user Likes patticake's post
10-15-2013, 20:53
Steve- I always knew you were a wise man and I'm glad that some of your wisdom has rubbed off on me

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
10-16-2013, 10:41 (This post was last modified: 10-16-2013 10:42 by pgchin.)
(10-15-2013 19:46)patticake Wrote:  Pete, all you have to say is yes maam, and no maam. then turn your hearing aid offAngel

Steve, I agree with Ernie, you are a very wise man!Big GrinWink LOL........... I think everyone has a "creative solution", I thought the timing of that article was interesting as about a month ago my wife and I were talking about how so many 20-40 year marriages of people we know were ending and we are were like...so you compromised for 40 years..........why do you want to end it now?????????? It just did not make sense to us............Oh well...... I guess its the question , not the answer that drives us to quote "the Matrix".

John, yeah I know some professional women who could not wait to retire, I also know some very senior executive women who are having trouble..... the ones who were really driven and eventually went back to work somewhere else...........not sure about the authors "client base" and her definition of "professional"........... I see you and David have the same mindset..........PLENTY of land to ROAM!!!TongueWink Good for you guys!!!!!!!!!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
10-16-2013, 14:31
PLENTY of land to ROAM!!!TongueWink Good for you guys!!!!!!!!!

Now I've just got to get a tractor with a bigger engine than the S60!

Argh, argh, argh!!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)