Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanderlodge Trader
10-19-2013, 10:59 (This post was last modified: 10-21-2013 14:53 by travelite.)
Wanderlodge Trader
I've had many folks ask me if Wanderlodge Gurus has a Classified Section for the listing and sale of members' coaches. Yes we do and it's available to all of our members, free! It's free of listing fees, commissions, and brokerage charges. Right now we have an excellent selection of well cared for coaches in our inventory. Remember, there's no substitute for buying from a diligent and caring forum member.

Over the course of the next few weeks I plan to add enhancements and features to our classifieds to make them more visible on the internet and more informative and more effective. Together in the time-honored internet tradition, we can eliminate the middleman and return the market to the community.

If you guys have any ideas or contributions on what you'd like to see I'm all ears. Please share your thoughts. Together we can turn our Coaches For Sale section in to a tour de force of internet marketing. Let's see what we can come up with!

I'm very interested in your comments.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like davidbrady's post
10-21-2013, 14:48 (This post was last modified: 10-21-2013 17:57 by davidbrady.)
RE: Wanderlodge Trader
Folks,

I'm working on a classified section for Wanderlodge Gurus.

I bought another domain name: http://www.wanderlodgetrader.com.

You'll see a new TopLink under the WaGu Logo pic on our index page, İmage , circled in red in the attached screen snippet. Clicking on this TopLink, Wanderlodge Trader, will take you to our new Classified Ads WebSite.

Often someone wishes to sell their coach but their post announcing the sale becomes lost in the flurry of follow-on posts. Wanderlodge Trader attempts to fix this problem by always remaining in the TopLink on our index page.

All Wanderlodge Gurus members can post new classified ads on Wanderlodge Trader free of charge. Your ads will remain until you delete them or until the coach sells.

There are no posting fees, commissions, or brokerage fees.

I'll advertise Wanderlodge Trader to the best of my ability and I'll do what I can to make sure it's search engine optimized.

We can customize the site to our hearts content. Let me know the for-sale Categories you'd like to see and what Fields you'd like added to each Category. Remember that Categories and Fields are searchable items.

I'd like to see everyone who has a coach for sale in our "Members' Coaches" forum post an ad to Wanderlodge Trader.

Right now Wanderlodge Trader is clean and simple - let's mold it into something useful together! Thanks! Smile

david brady,

10-21-2013, 21:02
Frank Heeney contacted me wishing to sell his coach. I'll send him a note and get some info and photos. Thank you, David

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
10-21-2013, 21:05
Thanks for putting the site up. Looks very nice.

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
10-21-2013, 22:30
Thanks Guys, I'm glad you like it. It's coming along. Keep it simple right! Eventually I'd like to add categories for merchandise. Say someone has a muffler for sale, or wheels, or AquaHot nozzles. I think it'd be cool to put these items in their own categories on our Wanderlodge Trader site. I'm going to contact everyone who has a bus for sale in our Members' Coaches forum to see if I can move them over to Wanderlodge Trader.

BTW, I'm working on an issue with goDaddy. It appears to be an internal server issue. I occasionally get a 500 Server Timeout message when trying to view an ad. You may have seen it too. Just a teething pain. We'll get it fixed.

Ernie, spread the word. Let's populate Wanderlodge Trader with some Birds. I'm going to advertise in FMCA and a few other publications. Look for my ad! Smile

david brady,

[+] 1 user Likes davidbrady's post
10-22-2013, 08:25
I have had an ad in FMC mag for quite a while. It has paid off.

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
10-22-2013, 10:31 (This post was last modified: 10-22-2013 11:15 by pgchin.)
Nice work David, great idea! Thanks for looking out for the community!Wink Times 3 votes on the FMCA ad..........it does wonders, while you're at it, also "plug" the forum as well in the ad!Smile FWIW a section for coaches and for "subsystems parts" would be cool if it is not too much work. Also, a "tips" guide on how to sell a coach might be helpful, like how to "stage" it for pictures, clean it, be responsive to "lookie lou's" as you never know who is really gonna "pull the pin", use the PM function or email to save time for both seller and potential buyer for initial inquiries and questions, then when/ if it gets serious they can use phone, be "civil and positive" throughout the process, BOTH parties in public and private as these are all feature, color coordination, CUSTOM, order-able units, each and every one of them and what may appeal to someone MAY NOT appeal to someone else be it color,feature, function, price point,etc......... I'm sure the members all have some ideas on how to make the process much easier for both parties as I am sure we all belong to other "hobby subject matter forum's" (Chevy ssr's as an example of one I use) and we've all seen the good, bad, and ugly so if other members list their useful positive suggestions you can tie it all into one "tips" guide so to speak and make the process easier and less painful for everyone..............

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
10-22-2013, 12:30 (This post was last modified: 10-22-2013 12:31 by davidbrady.)
Thanks Pete, great suggestions.

I could use some volunteer help in putting together an 'Articles' section. Just off the cuff I can see articles on the following topics being useful:

1) How to Sell Your Coach (Stuff that Pete mentions above)
2) How to be a Buyer (What to do and what not to do when personally viewing someone's pride and joy)
3) PDI (What to look for when buying a coach, Pre-Delivery Inspection)
4) Cost of Ownership (Can I afford to maintain and run one of these beauties)
5) Transaction Mechanics (Escrow accounts, expectations, transferring money and title)
6) My First Drive (What to expect on the way home)

Please add to this list. Any takers on writing some of this stuff? I'll sign up for number (4).

I can add buttons to the top of the Classifieds directing folks to Articles and to Escrow and other useful Services.

david brady,

10-22-2013, 12:40 (This post was last modified: 10-22-2013 12:47 by pgchin.)
(10-22-2013 12:30)davidbrady Wrote:  Thanks Pete, great suggestions.

I could use some volunteer help in putting together an 'Articles' section. Just off the cuff I can see articles on the following topics being useful:

1) How to Sell Your Coach (Stuff that Pete mentions above)
2) How to be a Buyer (What to do and what not to do when personally viewing someone's pride and joy)
3) PDI (What to look for when buying a coach, Pre-Delivery Inspection)
4) Cost of Ownership (Can I afford to maintain and run one of these beauties)
5) Transaction Mechanics (Escrow accounts, expectations, transferring money and title)
6) My First Drive (What to expect on the way home)

Please add to this list. Any takers on writing some of this stuff? I'll sign up for number (4).

I can add buttons to the top of the Classifieds directing folks to Articles and to Escrow and other useful Services.

I'll sign up for 1&2 but I'd like the members to post some suggestions in this thread as I'd like it to be a "we" thing. We all purchased and sold cars, rv's, hot rods, classic cars and motorcycles,tractors, etc to and from private people and I'd like to get everyone's suggestions on how it would be easier and a more positive experience as both a buyer or seller. Then I'll tie it into 2 documents in word and PM them to you to set up in the forum in whatever format you can use so everyone can view them.
Number 3, the vintage birds guys have a great checklist, maybe Harvey will allow us to "use" it??????
5&6......let's see who signs up, the drive home is pretty easy, the money thing gets "sticky" in today's "wonderful" world if you get my drift and you do not want to be liable if a deal goes south, this is between seller and buyer PERIOD!WinkRolleyes

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
10-22-2013, 18:20
Looks very nice site Sir! I like how you can share via Facebook or Twitter, very cool!

John Pletcher
82 PT40
Lancaster, PA
john@pletcherfire.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)