Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centramatics
10-21-2013, 21:13
Centramatics
My coach has them. But- when I accelerate past 65 I get a bounce from the rear- maybe tag? Its significant, that I slow down till it stops. Can one of these be defective?
Paul installed new Michelins 2 years ago. There are just 1500 miles on them.
ps- I never had Centramatics before.

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2013, 22:23
RE: Centramatics
Centramatics can fail Ernie. The beads can clump and cause the tire/wheel assy to forever be out of balance. I'm afraid you'll have to remove the centramatic to find out. Once it's in your hands you should hear the beads slosh about as you rotate the balancer. Centramatic is very good about standing behind their product. They'll probably send you another free of charge.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
10-21-2013, 22:27
Hi,
I think 5 year warranty . Here is old discussion: http://www.thedieselstop.com/archives/ub...part=1.htm
Perhaps someone can follow you and see the bounce.

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
10-22-2013, 08:26
thanks, will do that driving experiment next week, when the Dynasty I'm working on leaves.

Ernie Ekberg
Weatherford, Tx
10-22-2013, 10:39 (This post was last modified: 10-22-2013 10:42 by pgchin.)
Ernie,
FWIW I've had them now for 9 years on all wheels, no issues. Yes one could fail as well as a "marginal suspension" component in the drive or tag assembly.......I believe you have a lift-able tag on a 97???? IF so, check the components, bushings etc as well if the centramatics turns out to be OK as a next step SWAG.
PS and yes what Paul said about the tires is true as I was there watching them be installed when he had did it done! He was also very "meticulous" about the data codes and made them come back the next day with "fresh dates" so the tires should be OK............

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
10-22-2013, 20:23
I am so blessed to have a coach that the previous owner loved and took care of so much. The legacy, continues.

Ernie Ekberg
Weatherford, Tx
[+] 1 user Likes ernie ekberg's post
10-23-2013, 23:24
I was told by the shop foreman at Centramatic, if you have the driver move the bus very slowly, and you walk along the wheel, you'll be able to hear the beads moving if they're alright.

Morey Zuber
99LXi41
10-24-2013, 00:10
I think he is thinking about cars--
Need a quiet diesel--Perhaps you could hear on the front wheels.

For the back, one would have to roll it downhill !!
(But take videos-- it could wind up on the "Funniest home movies")

I had the centramatics in my hand- the beads seen to be in a fluid-- didn't hear much -- not like glass beads would sound.
Ross

(10-23-2013 23:24)timetravelers Wrote:  I was told by the shop foreman at Centramatic, if you have the driver move the bus very slowly, and you walk along the wheel, you'll be able to hear the beads moving if they're alright.

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
10-24-2013, 10:43
Centramatics use beads of some sort in the rings. I can open my driver window and when traveling slow I can hear the beads sloshing about. Balance Masters uses a fluid, mercury I think. You probably can't hear anything with Balance Masters.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
10-24-2013, 18:37
(10-24-2013 10:43)davidbrady Wrote:  Centramatics use beads of some sort in the rings. I can open my driver window and when traveling slow I can hear the beads sloshing about. Balance Masters uses a fluid, mercury I think. You probably can't hear anything with Balance Masters.

Funny this came up. I just had Centramatics installed on my coach a few days ago. Had my window open while leaving a fueling station and heard what I thought was an air leak but when I came to a stop the sound stopped...I'm sure now that it must have been the Centramatics!

They made an noticeable improvement in the ride quality of the coach at all speeds above 50 mph, my wife even commented that she could feel the deference. I had an out of balance condition at 65 mph that is now corrected, happy about that.

Downside...The Alcoa wheels on the M380 have the bigger holes, you can easily see the disk brake rooters, now you see the Centramatics...looks ugly to me but I'm sure I'll get used to it as its only the fronts that stand out, don't really notice them in the rear.

Robert Britton
2004 M380
Hollister, Ca

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)