Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centramatics
10-24-2013, 20:11
RE: Centramatics
(10-24-2013 18:37)Robert Britton Wrote:  
(10-24-2013 10:43)davidbrady Wrote:  Centramatics use beads of some sort in the rings. I can open my driver window and when traveling slow I can hear the beads sloshing about. Balance Masters uses a fluid, mercury I think. You probably can't hear anything with Balance Masters.

Funny this came up. I just had Centramatics installed on my coach a few days ago. Had my window open while leaving a fueling station and heard what I thought was an air leak but when I came to a stop the sound stopped...I'm sure now that it must have been the Centramatics!

They made an noticeable improvement in the ride quality of the coach at all speeds above 50 mph, my wife even commented that she could feel the deference. I had an out of balance condition at 65 mph that is now corrected, happy about that.

Downside...The Alcoa wheels on the M380 have the bigger holes, you can easily see the disk brake rooters, now you see the Centramatics...looks ugly to me but I'm sure I'll get used to it as its only the fronts that stand out, don't really notice them in the rear.

Ha ha ha, maybe you can get them plated or polished Robert

Jim Doel
Perth, Ontario
2007 M380
Stainless Steel
w/26' Featherlight trailer
jimdoel@me.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2013, 08:26
Since I can raise the tag, I guess I could spin the wheel and see if I can hear the beads?

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
10-26-2013, 09:11
Had new tires mounted on the steers yesterday . when I asked about " balance" I was told Michelin does not recommend balancing upon purchase ? It seems we are to drive the coach for a while to determine if it is even needed . Has anyone else had this experience ?
The tire company is very reliable and installed around 50 tires over the past few days here at the WOG rally .

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
10-26-2013, 09:23
(10-26-2013 08:26)ernie ekberg Wrote:  Since I can raise the tag, I guess I could spin the wheel and see if I can hear the beads?

Brilliant idea Ernie! Give it a try. Smile You can also check for tire flat spotting and take a peak at the shocks to look for serious oil leakage. (Koni says a misting is okay).

(10-26-2013 09:11)al perna Wrote:  Had new tires mounted on the steers yesterday . when I asked about " balance" I was told Michelin does not recommend balancing upon purchase ? It seems we are to drive the coach for a while to determine if it is even needed . Has anyone else had this experience ?
The tire company is very reliable and installed around 50 tires over the past few days here at the WOG rally .

Hey Al,
Once upon a time someone over on POG (Prevost Group) marked their tire and wheel just after mounting. Then they went for a drive. The tire shifted on the wheel. Balancing at the tire shop was a waste of money! Beads, Centramatics, or Balance Masters Rule!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
10-26-2013, 10:53
good idea , I will mark them and see if there is any change . there is a receipt in the box for the balance masters , but I did not see them Sad

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
10-26-2013, 12:29
(10-26-2013 08:26)ernie ekberg Wrote:  Since I can raise the tag, I guess I could spin the wheel and see if I can hear the beads?

If they are working properly, my guess is that you will be able to hear them..

Robert Britton
2004 M380
Hollister, Ca
10-26-2013, 19:26
finished the Dynasty today. I get to play with my coach for a week.
I have 6 new Deka 4D batteries to replace the old lifelines. Wish I knew a football player that can lift those babies

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
10-27-2013, 00:36
would balancing all tires improve the ride vs just balancing the steer tires ?

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
10-27-2013, 13:01 (This post was last modified: 10-27-2013 15:44 by Robert Britton.)
(10-27-2013 00:36)al perna Wrote:  would balancing all tires improve the ride vs just balancing the steer tires ?

Al, I did all four corners and there is definitely an improvement in ride quality...not sure if I would have got the same results with just installing them on the front. Buying Centramatics for the rear seems like a bargain as it is installed between the duals...just one Centramatic on each side to balance out duals, lots of tire mass back there.

Robert Britton
2004 M380
Hollister, Ca
10-27-2013, 14:42
I run them on all axles. I don't see why they'd be any less important at the rear.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)