Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HWH Active Air
11-08-2013, 11:12
RE: HWH Active Air
HWH indicated that they use 3 height sensors. 4 would seem more logical. Each air bag has a pressure sensor so that could "read" change in a turn but for level, pressures may be different.
The 450 had a variation (not as sophisticated with the accelerometer )of this. Worked well .

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2013, 11:31 (This post was last modified: 11-08-2013 11:40 by davidbrady.)
(11-08-2013 09:19)ernie ekberg Wrote:  I don't recall a display. I wonder if I have that? I wonder if Paul forgot to give me that?

Get Paul on the horn! LOL

(11-08-2013 10:33)cvaughn Wrote:  HWH sets pressure at the install. It can be changed.
I think my drives are at 90 psi and tag and steer at 70 psi.

Charlie, would you do it again? Having lived with the system for several years now, is the performance worth the money? Anything you wish it did that it doesn't or wish it did better?

(11-08-2013 11:12)dentmac Wrote:  HWH indicated that they use 3 height sensors. 4 would seem more logical. Each air bag has a pressure sensor so that could "read" change in a turn but for level, pressures may be different.
The 450 had a variation (not as sophisticated with the accelerometer )of this. Worked well .

Ross, I questioned Jeff about this and they're still using the three HCV setup. My impression is that there haven't been any significant changes in the product except for a new LCD display and a big increase in price! Sad

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
11-08-2013, 22:20
Paul responded: HWH- at the time, wanted $6000+ for active air. Paul opted for air leveling. now I know.

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
11-09-2013, 12:13 (This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 15:06 by davidbrady.)
Good deal Ernie. HWH air leveling is a very worthwhile upgrade which I'd very much like to have. Active Air at $6K sounds like a bargain now! LOL Given our bus's low center of gravity, and Ridewell's high and level roll axis, we already have minimal lean - the higher the roll center the less anti-sway bar required. Ross's coach with his independent front suspension is probably a better candidate for active air spring control; hence, Blue Bird's use of Hadley's SAMS and Complete Coachworks use of HWH Active Air in the Premier XL. With the plethora of single board computers and free software flooding the market HWH (or someone) should work on a reduced-feature-set poor man's version of active air spring control. (hmmm, I wonder who might be interested in doing that... LOL). Smile

david brady,

11-09-2013, 17:55
Someone asked if I would install active air again. I can only answer with Martha's answer. " That was the best money we ever spent on the coach."
She says the ride is drastically better. Its hard for me to tell from the drivers air seat.

Charlie Vaughn
1999 LXi
11-09-2013, 19:45
you can install that on mine- I'd be glad to be a prototype

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
11-09-2013, 22:30
(11-09-2013 17:55)cvaughn Wrote:  Someone asked if I would install active air again. I can only answer with Martha's answer. " That was the best money we ever spent on the coach."
She says the ride is drastically better. Its hard for me to tell from the drivers air seat.

Thanks Charlie, I appreciate that.

(11-09-2013 19:45)ernie ekberg Wrote:  you can install that on mine- I'd be glad to be a prototype

Ernie, what I need to start with is something like this: Smart Air Spring

david brady,

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)