Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAC & Radiator Mounts
11-02-2013, 20:04
RE: CAC & Radiator Mounts
(11-02-2013 09:51)rrueckwald Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 20:08)cmillsap Wrote:  Ron, David,

It may be an Optical Illusion but the pic that Ron posted above appears to show that the vertical members are not exactly perpendicular (90 degrees) to the top bracket. This may have pitched the fan & motor assembly upwards toward the radiator.

Chuck

Exactly correct, Chuck. That's why I suspect they used all of the vertical adjustment slot in production. I'll find out when it stops raining.

David, I'll take a picture of the lower end. (when it stops raining....)

Here are two pictures of the bottom of the hydraulic motor support frame. No additional support member here.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2013, 10:38 (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 11:48 by davidbrady.)
Hi Ron,

I know you know what you're looking for, but I can't tell from your picture whether or not the angle iron frame member is there. There should be two visible bolts, one (inner) of which is under the fan shrouding and the other (outer) is inline with the twin vertical angle brackets. On your pic this outer bolt is obscured by the vertical brackets.

Here's what it looked like under my radiator before I installed a new core; two bolts through the fan bracket one through the radiator lower rail: İmage

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
11-03-2013, 11:59
(11-03-2013 10:38)davidbrady Wrote:  Hi Ron,

I know you know what you're looking for, but I can't tell from your picture whether or not the angle iron frame member is there. There should be two visible bolts, one (inner) of which is under the fan shrouding and the other (outer) is inline with the twin vertical angle brackets. On your pic this outer bolt is obscured by the vertical brackets.

Here's what it looked like under my radiator before I installed a new core; two bolts through the fan bracket one through the radiator lower rail:

David,
Using a mirror I did find that bracket. Really hard to see otherwise.

I also found out that the motor is mounted down as far as the slots would allow. I have to conclude that since the main frame is angled upward due to its shape (or mis-shape), and since the motor is mounted to the lower limit, Blue Bird knew about it and let this go in production; it must have been that way ever since. I will therefore stop worrying about it and take care of it when the CAC and rad have to be removed eventually. Now, if I start finding pieces of plastic fan blade, well... my conclusion was an assumption.

Thanks for the info. We keep learning.

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL
11-03-2013, 12:02 (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 12:05 by davidbrady.)
That's good Ron. I couldn't imagine they'd have three years of production and finally get around to fixing it on the fourth year. So the next thing to check is to make sure the bolts on the lower angle iron member are tight. That's easy if the center piece of under-radiator shrouding is removed, which you may want to leave off cause it cools a hell of a lot better!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)