Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LXi Desk Extension
11-16-2013, 01:40
LXi Desk Extension
Missing a hanging file, and half-full of sub woofer, the desk in some LXi's is also a little high for computer work. Here is a solution.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes rrueckwald's post
11-16-2013, 11:08 (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 11:23 by travelite.)
RE: LXi Desk Extension
Looks fantastic Ron. Did you just whip that up? Now I know who to call to help me with my dinette bed conversion! Smile

I see you've discovered the marvels of felt. When Ernie did my floor, every piece of furniture we put back got a felt lining, every rub surface whether the floor, a wall, or an adjoining section of furniture. Makes for an ultra quiet ride.

I also see that you're upgrading your CB radio???

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
11-16-2013, 11:40
David , Ron could be the busiest BB converter if he wished Smile a true craftsman for sure . with Ron & Ernie , and George M there would be quite a shop for us Plastic Mochanics Smile

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
11-16-2013, 19:14 (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 19:17 by rrueckwald.)
(11-16-2013 11:40)al perna Wrote:  David , Ron could be the busiest BB converter if he wished Smile a true craftsman for sure . with Ron & Ernie , and George M there would be quite a shop for us Plastic Mochanics Smile

...uhh, nobody could afford me; I am really, really slow as the design develops as I go along. That cabinet probably took me thirty or forty hours. I farmed out the corian.

(11-16-2013 11:08)davidbrady Wrote:  Looks fantastic Ron. Did you just whip that up? Now I know who to call to help me with my dinette bed conversion! Smile

I see you've discovered the marvels of felt. When Ernie did my floor, every piece of furniture we put back got a felt lining, every rub surface whether the floor, a wall, or an adjoining section of furniture. Makes for an ultra quiet ride.

I also see that you're upgrading your CB radio???

Felt, yes. A long ways to go on this bus.

You found the CB box in that picture? David (Sherlock) Brady. The CB was intermittent and the speakers didn't work, so I bought a new one and found the plug had fallen out for the speakers. The variable resistor on the right side speaker is almost all or nothing, so it looks like that one needs to be resized and at least replaced. One bite at a time....

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
11-16-2013, 20:23 (This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 20:26 by ernie ekberg.)
looks great Ron

I have a squeak on the cabinet right above my head that fits against the upper dash cabinet. When going down the road, I can feel a slight movement- will have to explore the felt treatment

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
11-16-2013, 22:36
(11-16-2013 20:23)ernie ekberg Wrote:  looks great Ron

I have a squeak on the cabinet right above my head that fits against the upper dash cabinet. When going down the road, I can feel a slight movement- will have to explore the felt treatment

Ernie, I have the same, a real loud squeak. Removing the cabinet does not appear to be an option here. Maybe I'll squirt some Si oil in it.

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
11-17-2013, 00:41
Blask plastic shims driven into the right places will stop the squeeking...

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
11-17-2013, 21:08
I sprayed some lithium grease on the offending cabinet- cleaned it up right quick with paper towel and that seems to help. fortunately all surfaces are laminate and the residue cleans up well

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)