Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lone Star Birds Christmas Rally
12-11-2013, 13:49 (This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 14:09 by timetravelers.)
RE: Lone Star Birds Christmas Rally
The built in surge protection actually opens the relay passing the generator output through to the coach if the voltage drops momentarily below about 109 volts. My number 2 AC on leg 2, drops the voltage on compressor start up. It drops just below this voltage minimum design set point for milliseconds, and so the ATS shuts the gen power off. (Don't hold me to the 109V , I didn't write it down after talking to the ATS engineer). If I don't run #2 AC, everything is fine.

My temporary fix, until I get different ATS that doesn't do this, is to not run AC #2 on the generator. The ATS manufacturer gave me a new unit, but it did the same thing. I asked them if we could just bypass the built in protection, but he said they couldn't do it.

I have Progressive Industries whole coach isolator in addition to the ATS. BTW, I called Progressive about having 2 isolators in the same circuit, and they said it is OK, just reduces the protection, maybe about 5%.

PS my Powertech gen produces lower voltage on leg 2, after their service people installed a new voltage regulator, they set as high as they could. It is bad wiring in the head, and can only be fixed with a rebuilt head.

Moderator, I think this thread got highjacked, could you put it in a new one?

Morey Zuber
99LXi41
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lone Star Birds Christmas Rally - timetravelers - 12-11-2013 13:49

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)