Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LXi Exterior Trim Part Needed
12-03-2013, 09:46
LXi Exterior Trim Part Needed
Anybody have an extra trim piece or know where to get it? I really don't want to hand make one, but that is the only option left.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
Winter in St. Petersburg, FL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2013, 11:33
RE: LXi Exterior Trim Part Needed
Looks like the perfect job for a Zeus 3D Printer/Scanner/Copier. Early bird price of $2499. Group buy anyone? Smile

Ron, it's been a while since I called Holland Motors in Michigan so I have know idea how helpful they are anymore, but that piece should also be used on the LTC40. Good luck!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
12-03-2013, 11:46
See your friendly dentist. Take the piece and ask for silicone impression over the whole thing. Cut it out, fill with epoxy and squeeze .
$10-$20 impression material.

(12-03-2013 11:33)davidbrady Wrote:  Looks like the perfect job for a Zeus 3D Printer/Scanner/Copier. Early bird price of $2499. Group buy anyone? Smile

Ron, it's been a while since I called Holland Motors in Michigan so I have know idea how helpful they are anymore, but that piece should also be used on the LTC40. Good luck!

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
12-03-2013, 19:26 (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013 19:27 by timetravelers.)
If we can find out who manufactured the aluminum trim, it's a stock piece from that company, if the line is still being produced.

PS, I need one too.

Morey Zuber
99LXi41
12-03-2013, 23:51
Dan Hartley, parts manager at Parliament, said he could never find out who made them. Odd, since they bought the intellectual property.

I have a call into Holland Motor Homes, so we will see what they know and if it is the same as on the LTC40. Stay tuned.

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
12-04-2013, 11:19 (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 11:21 by pgchin.)
(12-03-2013 23:51)rrueckwald Wrote:  Dan Hartley, parts manager at Parliament, said he could never find out who made them. Odd, since they bought the intellectual property.

FWIW, when Steve purchased the Wanderlodge "IP" from Coachworks at the auction it was NOT a complete inventory. The most "complete" inventory was in a "very old technology" database that Bluebird school bus was upgrading to newer technology before and after the sale of Wanderlodge to Coachworks. Steve got what Coachworks got when they bought Wanderlodge. Short version, things were "lost" in the database migration. I tried to buy a "part" from them right after Coachworks bought Wanderlodge and they could not find the part number. I suggested to Ernie to just log on to the old mainframe at Bluebird and look for it, and was told they were NOT allowed to use those resources anymore as it was now a "separate company".......... so yes......Wanderlodge "things and bits" will be lost forever............why migrate data that is no longer part of your business (Bluebird).................

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
12-04-2013, 11:37 (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 11:49 by pgchin.)
(12-04-2013 11:31)Bird Owner Wrote:  I lost one of those when we had our '99 LXi43. Using a piece of vinyl stock from my scrap bin, it was fairly easy to make a replacement. Once painted, it was impossible to tell it was not the original.

The 3D printer would have made it much quicker! Know anybody that has one?

Simply, a matter of $$$$Big GrinWink a poor mans CAD and laser or water jet tooling/ table for plastics, my oh my how the "tooling" price has come down over the years!Idea Personally I like the "dentist" trick.."cheap" !!!!!!!!!!!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
12-04-2013, 12:26 (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 12:33 by davidbrady.)
Ron,

The LTC40 Parts Catalog calls it a "Cap, End, Hinge Assembly, Luggage Compartment"; four required. Blue Bird PNo: 1707264. Unfortunately nothing in the way of a supplier.

(12-04-2013 11:31)Bird Owner Wrote:  The 3D printer would have made it much quicker! Know anybody that has one?

We should do a group buy on one Rich. I'm sure we'd get our monies worth out of it! I'm not up on the state of the technology. Anyone know what the cost is for a ready-for-prime-time printer? Although, Ross's approach is very compelling!

(12-04-2013 11:19)pgchin Wrote:  .......... so yes......Wanderlodge "things and bits" will be lost forever............why migrate data that is no longer part of your business (Bluebird).................

AngryAngryAngry

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
12-04-2013, 15:05
I have a call in to Holland parts. I'll call again with this information. It appears the louver extrusion is the same as the LXi's, but without a side-to-side comparison that is just an assumption. Is there anyone who knows? Seems like there is a supplier for this stuff. Is the LTC40 in current production? I don't know anything about it.

Thanks. I'll let you know the result.

Ron & Dorinda Rueckwald
2000 LXi, Single Slide
Summer in St. Joseph, MI
12-04-2013, 15:21 (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 15:41 by pgchin.)
(12-04-2013 15:05)rrueckwald Wrote:  Is the LTC40 in current production? I don't know anything about it.

The LTC40 as well as ALL the commercial OTR buses were sold to Coachworks with the motor home models, so sadly, they are no longer in production. However, with a BB PN as you now have, a bluebird bus parts distributor may be able to locate some stock for you through their upgraded worldwide parts system. Holland would be a good place to start, or wait til you get home and pop in!Wink
PS I also recall that Hollands California parts location was trying to sell some wanderlodge and OTR bus NOS..........not sure what they had in terms of items but is was a fairly long list. FWIW, although anecdotal, if it was an LXI or newer, both commercial or motorhome, then you stood and excellent chance of having the database info migrated and in the current system, 95 to LXI...some but NOT much, 95 and older, only if it was the same PN as the school bus models.

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)