03-23-2014, 10:20
Parting out writeoffs-- website
Used parts Wanderlodge (and others)

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2014, 11:08 (This post was last modified: 03-23-2014 11:11 by Arcticdude.)
RE: Parting out writeoffs-- website
They've got 2 burned birds.

The first is an exhaust stack fire M380. Most of the exterior appears to be intact. One picture shows the engine, while another shows an empty engine bay. The interior is pretty much gone, but possibly some of the dash components are still viable. Much of the good stuff in the bays may be viable as well.

The other is a burnt 96 40 footer. It appears to have had a HOT fire inside, maybe started in the kitchen and came forward. There's no glass and no interior pictures. Smoke also came out from the front wheel wells. The exterior appears to be in decent shape, but I'd really want to inspect anything from midpoint forward for heat damage. The S60 is shown in place. There are no bay pictures, so no idea about aquahot, etc.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
03-23-2014, 11:30 (This post was last modified: 03-23-2014 11:35 by davidbrady.)
And they also have a burned 1999 LTC40. Some of those panels and parts are interchangeable with LX and LXi's. This also appears to be an engine fire, but not an exhaust stack fire.

The few M380 exhaust stack fires have tarnished the through-the-roof exhaust stack concept, but I've never seen these types of fires on any of the Wide Bodies, LX's, or LXi's.

In the M380, Blue Bird left the steel out of the exhaust flue. The other Wanderlodges have14 gauge steel exhaust flues with sprayed on insulation on the interior of the coach and generous air space between the muffler and the exhaust flue; no problems there.

John,

Is that a 1996 or a '97? It sure looks like a dropped Series-60 to me.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
03-23-2014, 11:47
David,

You're right about the 40' being a 97. I didn't even pay attention to that aspect! But that is definitely a dropped S60. The earlier ones had the crank pulley high enough so you can see a good portion of it above the rear cross member.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
03-23-2014, 12:47
Did you check out some of the prices ? well I guess if you need a part, that is no longer made , 50% of new is a steal. Any one know where these guys are located , shipping could be high . I might be able to stop by and bring parts back east if they are out here in the NW .

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)