Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kool-a-matic fan replacement
04-05-2014, 12:32
RE: Kool-a-matic fan replacement
(04-05-2014 11:19)davidbrady Wrote:  Hi Mrkane,

If you go to our search page and do a Google Custom Search on "Kool o matic" you'll get many hits.

Some folks replaced it with a Fantastic Fan, some bought components from JC Whitney, some were able to get components form Kool-o-matic, which does seem to still be in business.

There's 3 pages of hits from our Google Custom Search.

Most recent entries returned by the search date from 2009, and describe unsuccessful attempts to obtain equivalent parts.

IMO, the suggested NAPA motor draws more current than the wiring will support. Indeed, low current draw would also be best in a boondocking context.

The optimal solution would be to repair my original motor, but finding a competent shop in the areas where I travel has not been successful--"Oh, yeah, we had a great repair shop, but it closed when the owner old Bob Jones passed." An outcome of our aging population, I guess. (I've been retired 10 years this week, so I'm in that group of 'used-to-be' too.)

The interior volume of my coach is roughly 2000 cuft. I suppose a fan rated to move that much air in 2-3 minutes would be adequate.

Thanks--

M.R.Kane
1987 PT40 'Sleipnir'
currently near Wills Point, TX
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Kool-a-matic fan replacement - mrkane - 04-03-2014, 00:54
RE: Kool-a-matic fan replacement - mrkane - 04-05-2014 12:32

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)