Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blaack windoww frames and trim
05-17-2014, 13:57
Blaack windoww frames and trim
My black anodized window frames were beginning to dull due to the bus having to set outside in the sun for 4 months while I built my its new garage. I used Mother's "Back to Black" exterior trim and hardware restorer to renew the color. It worked well on the black anodized frames and any other plastic, vinyl or rubber trims. It should not be used on any painted surfaces, so any of the solution that got on the painted surfaces adjacent to the frames was immediately wiped off.

Before and after pics below;

Chuck

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cmillsap's post
05-17-2014, 16:09
RE: Blaack windoww frames and trim
(05-17-2014 13:57)cmillsap Wrote:  My black anodized window frames were beginning to dull due to the bus having to set outside in the sun for 4 months while I built my its new garage. I used Mother's "Back to Black" exterior trim and hardware restorer to renew the color. It worked well on the black anodized frames and any other plastic, vinyl or rubber trims. It should not be used on any painted surfaces, so any of the solution that got on the painted surfaces adjacent to the frames was immediately wiped off.

Before and after pics below;

Chuck

Thank you for posting this, Chuck.

Curt Sprenger
1987 PT38 "MacAttack Racing"
Anaheim Hills, CA
cosresources@gmail.com
05-17-2014, 22:46
That looks like it made it new! We'll definitely want a long term progress report to see how it holds up.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
05-07-2015, 18:14
Chuck Millsap...please report on the Back to Black window frame/trim dressing...still holding up?

I tried some on a window frame and it looks great, like new.

Curt Sprenger
Anaheim Hills, CA
cosresources@gmail.com
05-07-2015, 19:04 (This post was last modified: 05-07-2015 19:06 by cmillsap.)
(05-07-2015 18:14)csprenger Wrote:  Chuck Millsap...please report on the Back to Black window frame/trim dressing...still holding up?

Hello Curt,

Here are a couple of pics I took today. One shows window frame after a few months. There were a few black streaks below the window on the paint after the first rain which wiped off easily. The bus has been washed and rained on several times as it set outside for a month while having repairs made. I just got it home yesterday and it is dirty from being outside for such a long time.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
05-07-2015, 21:52
(05-07-2015 19:04)cmillsap Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 18:14)csprenger Wrote:  Chuck Millsap...please report on the Back to Black window frame/trim dressing...still holding up?

Hello Curt,

Here are a couple of pics I took today. One shows window frame after a few months. There were a few black streaks below the window on the paint after the first rain which wiped off easily. The bus has been washed and rained on several times as it set outside for a month while having repairs made. I just got it home yesterday and it is dirty from being outside for such a long time.

Thanks, Chuck. I have the Meguiars brand on hand. Went out and applied it to the window frames on one side of the coach. What a difference. I'll add this to the regular maintenance list. Will do the other side tomorrow. Thanks again.

Curt Sprenger
Anaheim Hills, CA
cosresources@gmail.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)