Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is this. on s 450 Lxi
05-26-2014, 23:06
What is this. on s 450 Lxi
Hi.
There is one of these on each uppet lift arm of the 3 pantograph bay doors. ( these doors are only on the 2 slide out units.) But perhaps they are used somewhere else. They appear to be the male part of a "Catch" but there is nothing anywhere nearby.

Ross

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2014, 10:16
RE: What is this. on s 450 Lxi
(05-26-2014 23:06)dentmac Wrote:  Hi.
There is one of these on each uppet lift arm of the 3 pantograph bay doors. ( these doors are only on the 2 slide out units.) But perhaps they are used somewhere else. They appear to be the male part of a "Catch" but there is nothing anywhere nearby.

Ross

Hi Ross,

I have something similar on SpongeBob. Even though my air springs are strong enough to hold the doors fully open, Prevost included these latches on the pantagraph doors. I open the door and when fully open an extra little push engages the latch to absolutely keep the door open. I imagine yours are a remnant from the 4500 Express Commuter chassis.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
05-27-2014, 10:59
Thanks,
Makes sense to be left over from Express bus, and to hear that you have them. These doors are PIA to open. Very heavy to get started until 1/3 of the way up. Tried to get BB to put in stronger air springs but in their infinite wisdom said that they work properly. ( No chance of my wife opening them.)

I have had to take them off and re-glue the outer metal to the frame-- BB used 2 sided tape.
I put them back on... Adjusted fit and closure-- Interesting now that I know how. They were open at the top. Way off. Just about finished and found that a catch/lock mechanism in one of the doors is loose.. bummer--- have to remove that door and wiring again, remove inside panel (screwed, not glued) to tighten the assembly . Hate re-doing things
Ross

(05-27-2014 10:16)davidbrady Wrote:  
(05-26-2014 23:06)dentmac Wrote:  Hi.

Ross

Hi Ross,

I have something similar on SpongeBob. Even though my air springs are strong enough to hold the doors fully open, Prevost included these latches on the pantagraph doors. I open the door and when fully open an extra little push engages the latch to absolutely keep the door open. I imagine yours are a remnant from the 4500 Express Commuter chassis.

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
06-11-2014, 18:27
David
Marathon used a very heavy insulation package on the basement doors we have to use a 250 pound air springs.

Hisham and Sue Amaral
2004 Prevost XL2 Marathon (sold)
2003 Liberty H3-45 2 slide
Titusville, Florida
248-935-5390

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)