Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
park recommendations
07-30-2015, 23:04
RE: park recommendations
John,

The Tom Sawyer recommendation in West Memphis was very timely and we enjoyed it for 5 days, even if the mosquitoes were big enough to try to carry us off! Wow - I've still got the bite scars nearly 4 weeks later! We enjoyed being right on the banks of the mighty muddy Mississippi watching the tugs and their barge loads. Not many pleasure craft were seen.

Currently, I have been in the Manassas, VA area for the last 12 days at the Bull Run Northern Virginia Regional Park, right near the Manassas battlefield and I can recommend it for anyone needing to be in the DC area. They honor Good Sam's for a small discount. We could only secure an electric only site, but the power is good, it is really nice and private, heavily treed with large table, BBQ and fire ring, and with the large tanks on a Bird, it has been no problem. Bull Run Park roads are as good or better than the state roads. VA secondary roads tend to be kind of skinny, but not near as bad as Hwy 61 in PA was! Avoid that sucker at all costs currently, regardless of what the PA Welcome Center says!

I now need some new (and rather quick) recommendations for good campgrounds or parking spots in the following areas:
1 - somewhere between Norfolk, VA and Elizabeth City, NC;
2 - around Statesville, NC; and
3 - somewhere around Greenville, SC.

Thanks for any recommendations on the above areas!

Happy trails,

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi43 DS
San Antonio, TX
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
park recommendations - Kurt Ickler - 06-30-2014, 23:30
RE: park recommendations - davidbrady - 07-01-2014, 10:15
RE: park recommendations - Gregg - 07-01-2014, 16:16
RE: park recommendations - Arcticdude - 07-01-2014, 22:54
RE: park recommendations - RetDA - 06-20-2015, 11:25
RE: park recommendations - mikebulriss - 07-30-2015 23:04
RE: park recommendations - cvaughn - 07-31-2015, 11:14

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)