Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kubota/Powertech Genny
08-20-2014, 08:16
Kubota/Powertech Genny
All:

Last week was service time for oil changes, filters, etc on my 'bird and Kubota/Powertech genny.

Found my oil pressure sender was leaking and I had a new one installed. The sender was difficult to remove/replace without first removing the starter.

Starter was pulled and I was shocked to see that the "business end" of the starter was caked with thick, oil-soaked dust. The opening where the starter is connected to the engine block was likewise caked with thick, oil soaked dust. I am amazed this condition had not caused my starter to stall.

Those with Kubota/Powertech gennies might consider removing the starter and checking for a similar condition, if yours is configured like mine.

I was advised the engine in the front - generator in the back configuration "encouraged" dirt, grime, dust and oil to enter the starter assembly. Further told the more recent configuration - generator in the front - engine in the back minimized such a condition.

Tommy Rountree, AKA RetDA
Still a Newbie
1994 WB
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2014, 09:42
RE: Kubota/Powertech Genny
(08-20-2014 08:16)RetDA Wrote:  All:

Last week was service time for oil changes, filters, etc on my 'bird and Kubota/Powertech genny.

Found my oil pressure sender was leaking and I had a new one installed.

Tommy,

Got a source and part number? Is it the older style large bullet shaped one about 3" long and 2" around with the wire attaching to a stud on the end?

Thanks.

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi43 DS
San Antonio, TX
08-20-2014, 09:45 (This post was last modified: 08-20-2014 10:11 by RetDA.)
(08-20-2014 09:42)mikebulriss Wrote:  

Tommy,

Got a source and part number? Is it the older style large bullet shaped one about 3" long and 2" around with the wire attaching to a stud on the end?

Thanks.

Mike, I'll have to go out to my bird and check the invoice. I'll get back later.

Tommy

(08-20-2014 09:45)RetDA Wrote:  
(08-20-2014 09:42)mikebulriss Wrote:  

Tommy,

Thanks.

Mike, I'll have to go out to my bird and check the invoice. I'll get back later.

Tommy

Michael:

The sender/shutdown switch is a Powertech part - #PTS-05SO2P-2 Pole Oil Pressure Shutdown Switch.

Hope this answers your question.

Tommy

Still a Newbie
1994 WB
08-20-2014, 10:40
Thanks Tommy. That should help. I pulled mine off and walked into the Kubota dealer a couple of mles away. I knew I was wasting my time when the parts guy's first words were: "What's that?" I told him and he said "I've never seen one of those before. If you have a part number or tractor model maybe I can look it up." I thanked him and left. I put it back on until I can get by a REAL parts house - not a "What vehicle?" AutoZone, NAPA, etc. I remember the old days when the counter guy would have just looked and said "that 4 ohm or 8 ohm" and pulled the part.

That's why I needed a part number.

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi43 DS
San Antonio, TX
08-20-2014, 12:19 (This post was last modified: 08-20-2014 12:32 by RetDA.)
(08-20-2014 10:40)mikebulriss Wrote:  Thanks Tommy. That should help. I pulled mine off and walked into the Kubota dealer a couple of mles away. I knew I was wasting my time when the parts guy's first words were: "What's that?" I told him and he said "I've never seen one of those before. If you have a part number or tractor model maybe I can look it up." I thanked him and left. I put it back on until I can get by a REAL parts house - not a "What vehicle?" AutoZone, NAPA, etc. I remember the old days when the counter guy would have just looked and said "that 4 ohm or 8 ohm" and pulled the part.

(08-20-2014 10:40)mikebulriss Wrote:  I remember the old days when the counter guy would have just looked and said "that 4 ohm or 8 ohm" and pulled the part.

Michael: We have a big Kubota Dealer here in Oneonta. I've asked about getting parts and service on my Kubota engine (generator). The response has be "Uh....its in a motorhome?

I wonder....how rare is a 4 cylinder Kubota Diesel like we have in our 'birds?

PowerTech says they have a full line of Kubota parts. I called in the morning for the pressure sender, they looked the part number and I had it the next morning.

Tommy

Still a Newbie
1994 WB
08-20-2014, 17:49
Tommy,

The V2203 kubota we have is used in tons of stuff. It's all over the place. They're almost like seed ticks in the spring! Big Grin

Mike,

The kubota oil sender number may be a 554018. That's what comes up for a V2203, unless there's a power tech specific variant.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
08-20-2014, 18:55
could be there is a sender for psi reading at the Kubota gauge and a switch for the powertec Murphy type shutdown system. switch is a switch but a sender must match the reader (gauge device). Switch is a switch is a bit simplistic because there is a set psi point when it either opens or closes depending on the engineered signal.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)