Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Martinkus Gems
09-02-2014, 10:55 (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 20:19 by davidbrady.)
Mike Martinkus Gems
I stumbled across a post made by Mike fifteen years ago. Thought you'd enjoy it, and I don't think Mike would mind, so here it is:

1 . Keep your refrigerator full . Fill it with milk jugs filled with water if needed but keep it full . The unit will work less and in the event of failure it will keep your food cooler a little longer
2 . To keep the holding tanks from venting to the interior of the coach the ''p '' traps under the sinks , shower and washing machine must have water in them . The water in these traps can slosh out or simply evaporate but when its gone you know it . This happens sometimes when you are driving down the road and the initial response is usually to open a window . Wrong move as it only compounds the problem .
3 . Absolutely nothing known to man makes a holding tank smell '' good '' nothing .
4 . More things will go wrong with your coach if its sitting in your driveway than going down the road .
5 . You will never have too much storage or too much engine .
6 . The coach with the biggest engine is never ''underpowered'', untill a coach with a bigger engine comes out .
7 . Did you ever dig a hole and put the same dirt back in the same hole ? It wont fit . There's always a hump . Same laws apply to moving from one coach to another . Size of coach does not matter , your stuff wont fit .
8 . To use the altimiter in your bird you must know one of two things : your current elevation which you then set using the small black knob located in the face of the altimiter . The big hand indicates hundreds of feet and the small hand indicates thous nds ; the current barometric pressure at your location . You then use the same knob but spin it left or right till the correct reading appears in the small window in the face of the altimiter . If you set either one of the indicators to its proper value , the other one will automatically be correct unlike a lot of my spelling / typing .
9 . A grandchild is more precious than a child .
10 . Be thankful you're not getting all the goverment you're paying for .
11 . Will rogers is responsible for tip # 10 but i get a little credit for taking the 10 minutes it took me to type it .

Mike

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes davidbrady's post
09-02-2014, 14:51
RE: Mike Martinkus Gems
Classic wisdom!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
09-02-2014, 19:16
Mike was a long time Bleakley salesman. Now he is at Motorhomes of Texas

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
09-02-2014, 20:37
Do you remember that post Ernie? I pulled it out of some old Vintage Birds forum archives, circa 1999.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
09-03-2014, 08:08
It rings a bell. I also remember Harvey Lawrences' posts.

Ernie Ekberg
Weatherford, Tx
09-04-2014, 00:23
Mike work for Buddy Gregg Blue Bird in Lake Land Fl.

for years before going to Bleakly.He first started out as mechanic before going into sales.

Mike was the salemen that sold me my Bird at Lake Land.

The reason he Left Buddy Greggs is Buddy Gregg lost the francizes to sell new Birds and that when Mike went with Bleakley .
09-04-2014, 00:26 (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 00:27 by Arcticdude.)
Being a wrench turner before going into sales would have really helped to sell to a bunch of Gearhead Bird buyers.

Why did Buddy Gregg lose their franchise with Bluebird?

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
09-04-2014, 08:36
Why did Buddy Gregg lose their franchise with Bluebird?
Not sure way but Buddy lost out to Bleakley..
09-04-2014, 19:57
I remember in Dallas, there was a Buddy Gregg dealership. Huge place, when Buddy died, it closed. Now its just overgrown with weeds.

Ernie Ekberg
Weatherford, Tx
09-05-2014, 09:15
(09-04-2014 19:57)ernie ekberg Wrote:  I remember in Dallas, there was a Buddy Gregg dealership. Huge place, when Buddy died, it closed. Now its just overgrown with weeds.
Ernie I remember spending the week end in his campground in the back of the dealership.He ran a first class operation for sure.
Then there were the Buddy Gregg rallies everything first class.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)