Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of BB Parts
09-02-2014, 12:20 (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 12:30 by davidbrady.)
Lots of BB Parts
This Ebay Vendor has a store filled with lot's of no-longer-available and hard-to-find Blue Bird parts. It's worth a look. Some of the prices are pretty good... Smile (NFI)

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2014, 07:48
RE: Lots of BB Parts
Mornin' all:

Recently I noticed my Goat Rail Fairings were beginning to look bad - cracks, splits, flanges and screw holes were deteriorating. I had them removed hopefully to have them repaired. Unfortunately both fairings were unrepairable.

Best cost I have found - $700.00 (shipping and taxes).

Seems high to me for plastic parts and I still have to have them painted. Probably $1,000.00 altogether for eye candy.

Anybody know of another source? New, used, repairable, etc.

Tommy Rountree, AKA RetDA
Still a Newbie
1994 WB
09-08-2014, 09:35
I would think someone could fiberglass repair them for less but 350. per seems reasonable for vintage oem. . you would want fiberglass repair shop to have the bus so they maintain the shape for a refit. 5 years ago RobR of Canada spent a week replacing all the screws on my roof with new and larger diameter stainless. He dressed each one up with a sealant.

The cracks may be a result, for sure the rust is. water may be getting in under the part and not have a way to drain. when you refit it, may be a good idea to not calk all the way around and leave a low spot escape for trapped moisture. cracks may be caused by body movement or uneven expansion I think the part covers metal on one end and fiberglass front-cap on the other?

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
09-08-2014, 13:28
Smile RE: Lots of BB Parts
(09-08-2014 09:35)GregOConnor Wrote:  I would think someone could fiberglass repair them for less but 350. per seems reasonable for vintage oem. . you would want fiberglass repair shop to have the bus so they maintain the shape for a refit. 5 years ago RobR of Canada spent a week replacing all the screws on my roof with new and larger diameter stainless. He dressed each one up with a sealant.

The cracks may be a result, for sure the rust is. water may be getting in under the part and not have a way to drain. when you refit it, may be a good idea to not calk all the way around and leave a low spot escape for trapped moisture. cracks may be caused by body movement or uneven expansion I think the part covers metal on one end and fiberglass front-cap on the other?

I believe I have located some and should have them by the end of the month.

I had just about decided that if I could not find any replacements, I would mount two of those pink flamingos in the fairing spaces. You know those kind that have the wings that twirl in the wind.

Tommy Rountree, AKA RetDA
Still a Newbie
1994 WB
09-08-2014, 13:41
Tommy, let us know where you found them.

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
09-08-2014, 18:51
Folks, I had a call from Stephen Birtles. He stated that he has those fairings.

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
09-08-2014, 19:09 (This post was last modified: 09-08-2014 19:10 by davidbrady.)
Thanks Ernie,

I have to say thanks to Steve at Dupree Products for supplying these parts. These are huge, complex parts, at what I think is a very fair price.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
09-09-2014, 22:55
Stephen has a bunch of stuff that he hasn't been able to get on his website. It's probably a good idea to at least email him with your needs before you go anyplace else. Especially for the bird specific parts.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)